Suggestions regarding protective film?

TRAKULA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Howdy folks!

I am about to take delivery of my first Viper: a 2009 ACR ********. I'm considering having it delivered straight to a local detail center in order to have it filmed. Do y'all have advice on areas I should ensure get covered? Besides the standard front bumper and mirrors, I've been told to cover the entire rocker panels, behind the rear wheels and the wing. Does that sound about right? The car is black.

Thanks!

-Kevin-

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats about it other than half way up the hood and fenders and a quarter of the roof

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't do what I did and forget the front half of the roof, have it covered now but a few chips from the track to live with.

Richard

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your new '09. I wrapped pretty much all that has been mentioned but the roof. On my GTSs' I did get at least 1 small chip on each on the leading roofline above the windshield so it makes sense. My '09 had 800 miles on it when I had it wrapped and the only chip it got was on the wing.

F

FrgMstr

If you can find a guy local to you that does not use pre-cut kits, this is the way to go. You will end up with a LOT less seams and visible lines. My current car has been wrapped in a kit: Nose, fenders, hood, side sills, and behind the rear wheels. It was put on by a good installer, but it has a lot more lines than my last car did when it was done "by hand."