Suspension on the Viper SRT10 ACR

OfficialMOPAR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, as you know the Dodge Viper recaptured the production lap record at the Nürburgring Nordschleife track near Nürburg, Germany. The Viper’s time was 7:12.13, which was more than seven seconds faster than the 2012 Corvette C6 ZR1′s time from June 2011.

For those of you who don't know, the suspension on that car was Mopar performance part number P5155324. It can be purchased from Mopar with an MSRP of $5,995 and fits 2003 - current Viper models.

Attachments

• Viper Stage3R Suspension.jpg
    Viper Stage3R Suspension.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 110
OP
OP
O

OfficialMOPAR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are the official voice of the Mopar brand here on the Viper Club of America. Thanks for the welcome.

Reaction score
What are the spring rates on these offerings since they don't look exactly like what comes on the ACR from the factory?

There are 2 part numbers, what are the non ACR rates and are they adjusted the same as the ACR ones because it does not appear they have the canister mounted compression knobs.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think the similar file photo shown is the MoPar 2-way system, not the ACR 3-way.

OP
OP
O

OfficialMOPAR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper suspension picture shown above was the wrong image. The correct image for the Viper SRT10 ACR suspension is shown below. Sorry for the error. Once again this suspension is on the Viper SRT10 ACR that set the production lap record at the Nürburgring Nordschleife track near Nürburg, Germany. The Viper’s time was 7:12.13, which was more than seven seconds faster than the 2012 Corvette C6 ZR1′s time from June 2011.

Mopar performance part number P5155324. It can be purchased from Mopar with an MSRP of $5,995 and fits 2003 - current Viper models.
You must be registered for see images attach

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! Great product! I have a related question, what sort of maintenance schedule should we follow with these shocks? I have approx 5,000 track miles so far. Who does the service?

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you put that on a street car would the ride be unbearably hard.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
FYI,

I have a set of OE 2009 ACR shocks and springs taken off of my track car with 1 track event on them and about 500 miles.

They are posted in the classifieds for $3000.00.

PM me if interested.

Dan
[email protected]

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so do these come stock on the 2010's or were they added to assist in the record? if the latter that does not sound like a record for a stock car.

Bruce

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, the KW double adjustable shocks came standard on all Gen IV ACR's from 2008 to 2010.

CHAP4034

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OfficialMOPAR

What do you suggest for a 2003 for street and a few tack days

The Mopar coilover ACR kit P515324 or the Mopar coilover kit P451951 ?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please explain in precise detail how and why you believe that your product is "much better than the Motons". Keep in mind that many on this Forum who bought them from VCA supporting vendors have used Motons for quite some time and I do not recall any posts complaining about them so it is important that you give us the evidence for your statement.

Yes the suspension is much better than the Moton and is specifically made for the Viper.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are the official voice of the Mopar brand here on the Viper Club of America. Thanks for the welcome.

Question. Are you stationed out of CTC, or a social media agency (as in Chrysler's social media representative covering what the team at New Media Strategies use to cover?)

Just curious. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

OfficialMOPAR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question. Are you stationed out of CTC, or a social media agency (as in Chrysler's social media representative covering what the team at New Media Strategies use to cover?)

Just curious. :)

We are located in the world headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so do these come stock on the 2010's or were they added to assist in the record? if the latter that does not sound like a record for a stock car.

Bruce

Any answer on this? I was always under the impression that both ACR cars used at the 'Ring were factory stock from the Tomball showroom and only made suspension adjustments using the factory pieces.

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Any answer on this? I was always under the impression that both ACR cars used at the 'Ring were factory stock from the Tomball showroom and only made suspension adjustments using the factory pieces.

Scroll up a bit. Short answer is yes, the double adjustable KW's come stock or OE with the Gen IV ACR.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My bad... got confused by the multiple pictures and mentions of both 3-way and 2-way systems.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please explain in precise detail how and why you believe that your product is "much better than the Motons". Keep in mind that many on this Forum who bought them from VCA supporting vendors have used Motons for quite some time and I do not recall any posts complaining about them so it is important that you give us the evidence for your statement.

:eater::eater::eater:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:feedback:........ :eater:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper