Anyone interested in a trip to the NY Auto Show?

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to gauge interest on who from the New England region would like to make the trip down to the NY Auto Show to see the unveil of the Gen V. No real details worked out yet, but I would like to just get a preliminary number that might like to get down there. The show is from April 6 - 15, 2012. The big question that it comes down to, is will we know what day the car is revealed?

So, who would want to make the trip?

:usa: Nick :usa:

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a long way off yet. But we would like to go down. If the weather looks good at the time we would probably drive the Viper down. If not we would fly down and meet up with you there !!!!

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are also keeping an eye on the details of the Gen V intro. It would be great if VCA members could get in on media day. I'm sure the national VCA officers are working on something with Dodge/Chrysler for us. I'm not sure the venue will be Viper friendly and the weather could still be an issue if we have a long winter.

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
National VCA is working on a event for the unveil at the NYC auto show. Still in the early stages but stay tuned. Sounds like a good time, I'm in. If you have never been to the Jacob Javit center it is huge. Rick

OP
OP
V

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
National VCA is working on a event for the unveil at the NYC auto show. Still in the early stages but stay tuned. Sounds like a good time, I'm in. If you have never been to the Jacob Javit center it is huge. Rick

I figured they would, lots of interest from lots of regions. I definitely don't think it would be a Viper friendly event unless we can work out special parking / security for a large group of cars, etc... I just spent the beginning of the week in NYC and don't think I would want to drive the Viper through that area, it was bad enough with the RAM.

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Nick
The best way to go to NYC is the train. It was $60.00 to park for the day at the Marriot in Time Square. Rick

OP
OP
V

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw that thread and was wondering about joining on to that group. Sounds like a good time, what kind of head count would you need if folks from the NE region wanted to join up?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw that thread and was wondering about joining on to that group. Sounds like a good time, what kind of head count would you need if folks from the NE region wanted to join up?

Absolutely the NE region can join in! I'm working on the details (bus sizes, costs, etc.) and will have more information in a couple of weeks. We obviosuly want to be at the auto show on the day the Viper is unveiled. I don't know which day or time the unveiling will happen yet. Besides the unveiling/auto show we're trying to reserve Platforma for a lunch or dinner depending on the schedule. I'm also expecting a special event for VCA members at the auto show. It should be a fun packed day.

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick,

Do you think you could get the Platforma to serve up some Cod Tongues for the Nova Scotia guys? :D