Who sells the best power steering pulley?

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who sells the best power steering pulley?

After reading a few post I figure it would probably be a good idea to have one ready in the event I ever need one. I am assuming a nice billet one would look real nice on the car anyway.

And how do you put it it? Assuming you have to remove the pump and use a puller/press.

Thanks in advance.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have March. Looks good but probably weighs an ounce or two more than others.

They press fit. I broke mine and used a grinder (very carefully so the shaft doesn't get grinded) to remove the broken piece. Then you'll need a bolt and a nut to press the new one on.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW might as well replace the bracket and high pressure line while you're at it. Doug Levin sells the bracket. Tator has the line.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark at IPSCO has been machining a number of Pantera and Viper parts for years. His Power Steering Pump Pulley utilizes a self locking hub that doesn't require a puller for it's installation or removal...absolutely brilliant. Do a google search for IPSCO and you will find him. Here's a picture...

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark at IPSCO, Jon at Partsrack, Sean at Roe.

I went with the non fancy pulley because I had nothing billet under my hood and I believe Roe was the only place to have the plain black metal pulley.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine from Big Brake Dave before his passing. Jon B now sells them. I heard the kit from Jon is better/easier to install than the Roe kit because no spacers are involved. Don't wait until you need it. When you need it, you'll also need a tow truck to get you home. Do it before your stock one breaks (and it will).

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave's from JonB. Changed bracket to. Take the hood off and it is pretty easy to change.

blackandblue01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got mine from Jon B, It's the Dave Big Brake version, I did the bracket and pulley kit. You can do it in the car with the hood removed, the aluminum crossbrace, and the intake box removed. I did not take a single line loose. Refer to Fat Boy 18's link. The pulley puller they used I got from harbor freight. I did have to grind it down a bit to get the jaws to grip the old pulley. Then I put a pair of vise grips on the puller so it would not slip off. The same way they used the vise in the illustration. Came right off no big deal and the new pulley does not require a press to put it on. Good luck.

blackandblue01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My only excuse is I am fat. I needed the extra room for my big ars.. :D,, I can see where it could be done without removing all that but....... he might be fat too.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Compare Pulleys: Plastic, Shimmed Steel, or Billlet Alum. Do The Bracket too. That is a duhhhh choice. SEARCH the topic and you will see gobs of info on this

JonB Forum Sponsor

JustinB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why I love forums. Info like this is priceless. I think I'll change mine prior to a tow.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matco MST93 pulley remover & installer kit worked perfectly. "Easy method" leaving the pump on. Took all of 45 minutes for both the pump and the bracket but the radiator was out for repair so there was some extra room. The pulley came off and went back on perfectly without breakage. Used Dave's Big Brake / JonB version. Looks nice but Sean's w/ spacer looks more OEM.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456