Good Bad Or ugly..

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So tell me how good are the Drive shaft shops axles for the viper..

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uhm, hhmm.. Well.. I think I figured it out. Allow me to translate:

"I come seeking the advice of all the wise men within this internet forum about the overall quality of The Driveshaft Shop's (driveshaftshop.com) axels for the Dodge Viper. I wish to be informed of the good qualities, any bad aspects of it, and all the ugly details of this product."

At least that's what I got out of it lol

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It constantly amazes me (or not) how so many people on this forum don't English good.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So tell me how good are the Drive shaft shops axles for the viper..

It would all depend on which drive shaft shop you go to. Assuming that you are going to a local one, you should try to get some advice from local guys such as Hot Rod guys or racers. An experienced shop can do a great job for you, and you have a local contact in case a problem pops up.

OP
OP
M

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good English ? Straight forward question. Are the rear axles that this company offers for sale for the gen 4 Vipers worth a S h i t ... Nuff asked..

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Import/tuner crowd as well as some local drag racers (not Vipers though) seems to like The Driveshaft Shop's axels well enough... Maybe someone with one of the 1k+ hp Vipers will chime in and tell you what axels they're using

OP
OP
M

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for info Matt That is some info I am looking for not the Bull S h i t from " non members " Marc

OP
OP
M

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess you cant fix stupid..... Then dont respond, No ?

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MarcRoth,
You need an apostraphe forthe second s in shop's. this would have avoided the confusion. (My English teacher would be proud of me!).
PAVenomrRT/10

OP
OP
M

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Sir just a answer if anyone has had good or bad luck with The Drive Shaft shop(')s Axles Or who has a axle that will handle some horsepower. Marc

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't get bent out of shape Marc. You must admit that your question was worded rather poorly and your grammar left something to be desired. If you want an answer to a question, many think that wording it so that it is easily comprehended would be the best approach. Btw, I am a member; just haven't updated my profile. Relax, we are all friends here.

OP
OP
M

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I am still needing to know on the axle shafts...... ANYONE Anything better than the hollow shafts that are " SRT " guys install from the factory.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add me to the group that read the OPs post and didn't have a clue. I completely understand it now, with the post #4 clarification. If you've never heard of driveshaftshop.com, it's very close to gibberish. It's not in the best interest for a guy seeking information to cop an attitude over such a small deal. Feel free to rip me too...for being an idiot.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
DSS made me custom axles for my VW in 2003, and they did an excellent job. They cut Honda splines (strongest spline) into Porsche hubs and made custom length shafts. They were their Stage V+ setup at the time. Haven't dealt with them in almost a decade, but they were good then. No experience with the Viper ones.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marc, are you looking for something stronger than all axles on the Gen4 viper or just stronger than the 08 Gen4 hollow shafts? If the latter, than the dodge solid shafts are an option that come on 09 later Gen4s, I know guys on here who have snapped the hollows on 08s have installed solids. This is one selling point on getting an 09 vs an 08, although the HP potential on Gen4s being somewhat currently limited to about 600rwhp, there's not as much action on these as with earlier Gens, IMO. I know there are load specs on the forum somewhere for the two. But if you're looking at more than that, I'm at a loss there, I'd think if they're good and being used, someone here would have info.

I'm not kickin you in the balls on the thread in any way, but you might want to post with a "drive shaft & Gen4" title, you might get someone who knows this topic better to click it, not everyone checks all threads, especially ones with general titles.

I know one guy to hit up is Steve at Vipair, he's building TT kits, and playing with Gen4 serious mods for the future, he may have a recommendation or lead on strong axles. Of course Mark J and JonB are also good sources to hit directly, again they may not click this general thread. Good luck.

Dave.

OP
OP
M

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave Thanks for the reply, As for Steve he is in the resurch and destroy mode, Meaning he has not destroyed anything
'Yet " I am sure he will when he dials in the combo he is running. As far as the Drive shaft shops axles we just put a set in with the hopes of good luck.They claim 1100hp but anything with a " solid " shaft has got to be many times stronger then hollow factory shafts.I will keep you posted as we are going to turn the flame up on this application in hopes of making it bullet proof. Marc I hope I dont need spell check on this post.... Dont need to get post slapped...

OP
OP
M

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Good " is the companys axle anygood ? "Bad " Are the the companys axles Bad " Ugly " Are the companys axle that bad you wouldnt use them ? Very simple No? Now back to the entertainment as schedule ..............

OP
OP
M

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vpower01 Thanks for the info .That is kind of info I was looking for. wanted to hopefully get a plus on info before buying, but just pulled the trigger with hopes of good luck.Just put in the 1100 hp axles from The driveshaft shop,looks like a nice piece,Hopefully we won't have any vibration issues or breakage problems as the stand behind the for a year... Marc

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950