The Rauh couple.... where do they get their money? Haha

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's very awesome that there are 40 some odd vipers that this couple owns.... but every single interview I see with them, the one question missing is, Where do you get the finances to purchase these Vipers? Does anyone know? I'd love to have a piece of that pie. Hahah.

My only thought is, they struck oil some time back? No clue.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is oil related, yes.

If you are ever down this way, you should see their collection of vehicles! And they drive them.... :)
They are very nice people!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Dodge chief Ralph Gilles (right) and Conner Avenue Assembly Plant manager Shelly Brown Gordon (third from right) pose with more than 400 Viper owners and the last 2010 Viper off the line. D'Ann Rauh of Texas (second from right) is getting the customized Viper for her huge collection. | July 02, 2010 |

Just the Facts:
The last 2010 Dodge Viper was delivered to its new owner, D'Ann Rauh.
Rauh's Viper is factory-customized with copper stripes.
The Rauh family owns more than 40 Vipers.

DETROIT — D'Ann Rauh and her husband, Wayne Rauh, of Arp, Texas, have just added one last model to what is described as the world's largest personal collection of Dodge Vipers. The latest Viper — a factory-customized edition painted bronze gold — also happens to be the last one off the line at Chrysler's Conner Avenue assembly plant here.

good question :drive:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was in a viper magazine. They owned a business and sold it. It afforded them the opportunity to start their collection.

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great People, Met them at the Final Viper Event in Detroit and talked over lunch. I don't know what I would do if I opened the garage to that and had to choose.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was not under the impression it was oil, but it does not matter in the end. It is their business, not mine.

My compliments to them for being able to do what they have. I look up to them as a mentor for being able to do that! :hail:

And as perviously mentioned, great people! Have been fortunate enough to meet them several times.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
smarter and clearly more successful than me but damn they have some horrific taste in cars with that **** stain viper....

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like my Viper and all, but I would not want 60 of them. I like variety. Do they have other cars? How about a collection of Yugos or Vegas; maybe Pacers? That would be a great collection: the worst cars of all-time all restored.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like my Viper and all, but I would not want 60 of them. I like variety. Do they have other cars? How about a collection of Yugos or Vegas; maybe Pacers? That would be a great collection: the worst cars of all-time all restored.

When we were at their home a few months back they had 55 Vipers and several other ~20 cars, a FGT, a Challenger Drag Pak and several others (vette, jag, etc.) But mostly Vipers. Very nice down to earth folks!

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is great that they have all those Vipers. While that last Viper is not something I would have chosen, to each his or her own.

The most Vipers I have had at one time is 4, along with 3 GTs and some other "stuff" . I have cut back based on the fact that I simply don't have time to drive them. But if someone wants 50 Vipers more power to them.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think that last viper is bad------ i would drive it and never look back

Last edited:

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was in a viper magazine. They owned a business and sold it. It afforded them the opportunity to start their collection.

They sold a trucking company. When oil is pumped from the ground, generally you get Oil, Natural Gas and water. They moved the water to other sites to be injected back into the ground. I heard the company had around 600 trucks.

When they do something, they certainly do it in a big way!

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
their tally is 55 vipers now, plus some other nice vehicles

Maurice paid them a visit a few weeks ago and took some great pics of their collection, an interesting read (the latest CA region newsletter)

Last edited:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well over 50 now, I think somewhere close to 60. They keep buying cars... And yes, they are two of the nicest down-to-earth folks you could meet.

I don't think they're very nice. I happen to be their long lost child from many years ago and they haven't bothered to contact me or give me one little ol' Viper or anything.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have to enjoy them for now, Obama wants to take them away because it is not "fair" that they own more Vipers than others..the democrats will get them with the IRS help, and redistribute them to kids in the ghettos...can't wait to see an ACR used as a get-away car from a 7-11 minute market !!!!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think they're very nice. I happen to be their long lost child from many years ago and they haven't bothered to contact me or give me one little ol' Viper or anything.
Chuck, don't start that CRAP on here. You KNOW what you DID, & we're NOT going to hash it out on this forum (like we did on the last one), for the whole world to see! Let sleeping dogs lie. jmo

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Rauhs are super nice people. Wayne used to own an oil field servicing company. Lots of specialized equipment for use on the oil fields. He would lease it out. Wayne used to drive bulldozers for his dad when he was young. Resulted in some hearing loss. Wayne sold his company at the top of the market. Said he was way over paid for it and the new owner (who was trying to expand into Oklahoma) went belly up or near to it. The Rauhs went on the CO/UT/WY week long trip to Canada with us. They each brought a Viper convertible. Wayne brought a GTS blue/tan top Gen 3 and D'Ann brought a yellow Gen 3. Of the 53 Vipers they had at that time (mid summer) I think D'Ann owned about 35 and Wayne the rest. They each have their own collection you see. The Vipers don't "belong" to both of them but rather each has their own . Wayne bought a Drag Pack Challenger with the V10. He says he's only driven it down his driveway but it is wicked fast. They also have other cars. I believe they owned a total of 75 at the time.

Both Wayne and D'Ann are the most down to Earth people you would ever want to meet, just real nice people.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne bought a Drag Pack Challenger with the V10. He says he's only driven it down his driveway but it is wicked fast.

Both Wayne and D'Ann are the most down to Earth people you would ever want to meet, just real nice people.

I'll second this ^^^, just real nice people! His Drag Pak is very fast ... when says drive it down the driveway, he means light the tires up down the driveway and when the smoke clears it's a beautiful car :headbang:

This is one of their (her) newer cars, it was being painted when news came in the OBL was shot so she had the helmet painted in his honor.

Also got custom plates OBL Edition

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper