My new 2010 ACR Viper..right off the showroom floor.

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats.
Doesn't feel all that impressive until you hit about 3500-4000 RPM, then hang on it pulls like a freight train.
Enjoy.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great, a member out here has an '09 just like it, really looks nice in the sun. Hope you've noticed the aero too, ACR's are really stable in fast sweeping corners. Down the road see what happens with headers and 3:55's, you'll gain another 40+RWHP and the gears will pull like another 50 too. enjoy!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
WHAT THE HELLo is WRONG WITH ME?

Yesterday, a new guy posts a Red GTS photo.... today, a G4 ACR photo. I had to look at both, even with sloooow internet. There have been many others, almost every week. I have owned 15+ Vipers since 1993, and I STILL GOTTA LOOK!

IF I had all the time back that I spent downloading and looking at Viper Pix I could take a month off. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?

ps VERY Nice ACR.... Choice.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't it cool? It's like somebody just put it aside and saved it, just for you.

Congrats! You'll love it.

OP
OP
P

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is nice to have a new one with your name on it. Its my favorite road car. You are right Viper Jon they hit 4000 and start waking up. First gear there is no chance of hooking wide open throttle at ANY rpm...it will blister the tires easily...now we will have to see what it does on the track. It seems a little darty on the hiway though..I may check the alignment.

I have some track experience. Heres my track car (black mustang). I won an SCCA Championship with it and set my class track record at Sebring.

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g396/PJ9454/sebringwin.jpg

Below is my old Viper. This car was very predictable in the corners and would slide out and come right back. Unlike a Z06 vette and a LP640 Lambo I drove...those cars are dangerously skittish.

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums...256046_100000006801476_1072956_6817068_o1.jpg

The old GTS had 32,000 miles on it and ran like a top. These Vipers are indestructible....I love them. :)

Thanks for the kind words guys...hope to see you at an event soon.

Patrick

Last edited:

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That and downloading ****, you'd never get any work done :D
Sorry Jon couldn't resist.

Yesterday, a new guy posts a Red GTS photo.... today, a G4 ACR photo. I had to look at both, even with sloooow internet. There have been many others, almost every week. I have owned 15+ Vipers since 1993, and I STILL GOTTA LOOK!

IF I had all the time back that I spent downloading and looking at Viper Pix I could take a month off. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. So grren with envy. Nice car. Very nice! EXCELLENT color choice as well I might add! :D

Welcome back to the Viper world! Enjoy the car!

Dont forget to talk with Viper headquarters regarding your membership....

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I do the same thing. It's a sickness, but it's a good one to have. :D

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey! i have your old car.. bought it from that dealer, they said the previous owner bought a new ACR.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That 1997 GTS is the most reliable car you will EVER own. You did good buying that car. It's mechanically perfect and wicked fast. Never an issue. The Engine oil, serp belt, Tranny fluid and rear end fluid was changed 3200 miles ago. It has new spark plugs in it, I removed and professionally cleaned/balanced the injectors as recommended maintenance. Now just drive it and enjoy it and I was told to change the plug wires at 36000 miles. It does need new wiper blades, BUT I never drive it in the rain (that car has never been outside at night ...neither has my ACR, let alone in the rain) PLUS the replacement blades looked different and fugly. So I kept the originals.

Patrick

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That 1997 GTS is the most reliable car you will EVER own. You did good buying that car. It's mechanically perfect and wicked fast. Never an issue. The Engine oil, serp belt, Tranny fluid and rear end fluid was changed 3200 miles ago. It has new spark plugs in it, I removed and professionally cleaned/balanced the injectors as recommended maintenance. Now just drive it and enjoy it and I was told to change the plug wires at 36000 miles. It does need new wiper blades, BUT I never drive it in the rain (that car has never been outside at night ...neither has my ACR, let alone in the rain) PLUS the replacement blades looked different and fugly. So I kept the originals.

I already changed all the fluids, piece of mind ya know? i also replaced the spark plugs cause i HATE autolite platinum plugs. ya will need new wires soon, i'll get to it. that shifter in the car sucked balls, so I swapped out a Hurst short throw. Had the windows retinted as well, it was starting to turn purple. i also did put wiper blades on it, cause i plan on driving this thing in the rain. LOL.

check your PM's i was wondering you said something about a gear in the car?

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score
nope..that opener is to my old garage door system. Its junk now. Forgot to toss it out.

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nope..that opener is to my old garage door system. Its junk now. Forgot to toss it out.

ya i think its sitting in the trash bin in my garage, guess it goes to the street tonight. LOL. i think there was a bottle of water under the seat too. hahahaaa.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to both of you guys, cars look great. That ACR is awesome. Not that I'm partial to SRTs with aero packages or anything... :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave