Thread: NARRA Daytona - October 2011 - Video Footage 2009 ACR

Reply to Thread
    Viper Owner

Default NARRA Daytona - October 2011 - Video Footage 2009 ACR

I was lucky enough to run my ACR at Daytona a few weeks ago at Daytona. I edited some of my GoPro footage and posted it on youtube. I hope you enjoy it. The event was co-run with the PBOC - what I can say is that the VIPER ran AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! It was a ton of fun and the NARRA crew ran a spectacular event. To cap it off, Jon B was there - it was nice to see the man I spend SO MUCH money with - Ha!!!!!

Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4ADP_KX9eE

Viper Owner

Default Re: NARRA Daytona - October 2011 - Video Footage 2009 ACR

Cool vid, but I would suggest showing at least one full lap so we can get the feel of running a whole lap. Also, show longer clips of your footage. And less of the pits... Your camera placement is great! General editing and music is good as well. Looks like a very fun time! Thanks for sharing!!

p.s. - looks like you will need a new right front tire soon, yours is wearing like mine is.
    Are you running the stock alignment? I am considering changing mine up some to save the outside edges of my fronts, but I drive on the street often as well.

Viper Owner

Tim, it was great to see you at Daytona and great driving!! I look forward to catching up in 2012! - Dave M.

Viper Owner

wow it looks like that aero does a great job.. good for you on that trac and glad to see the no damage report..

Viper Owner

Cool video and congrats on the first place finishes! Nice oh crap moment coming out of the bus stop.

Viper Owner

Thanks for the comments Eric!!!! I put the video together primarily to show family and friends what the weekend was about ... non racers can get bored prety quick with on track footage - so I tried to keep it entertaining and show 'action'.

I am running a full 'track' alignment done by PST 'set up for Daytona' ... I drive on the street a fair amount too but it seems my car is seeing more track miles!!!!

Viper Owner

Tim, EXCELLENT VIDEO. Easiyly one of the best i've ever seen on the forums. Most of the videos get a bit dull, and i find myself fast forwarding. I watched yours from start to finish. Loved all the different camera perspectives, real sound, and the Satriani. I can't imagine what that must have felt like to spin towards the outter wall. I was puckerd up just watching video!

Viper Owner

Thanks for the kind words!!!!! That trip to the wall happened on day 3 .... I was pushing my braking point later and later as I tried to improve lap times and just went in too hot. As the spin was happening, I was like ... Crap, really? I can't believe it ... And then the car stopped with the slightest touch with the wall and I was shocked that nothing happened. Truly a moment when you wonder if someone upstairs is looking out for you!!!!! All I can say is that the Viper truly is an amazing machine ... It was a lifetime experience!!!!