2011 South Central Texas VCA Holiday Party!!!!!

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellow Viper owners!

It's that time of year again! I hope to see everyone from last year and MORE!

Event: 2011 South Central VCA Holiday Party

Meeting place: San Antonio Hilton Hill Country Hotel & Spa 9800 Westover Hills Blvd San Antonio, TX 78251

Time: Saturday, December 10, 2011 Starts 6PM Ends at MIDNIGHT. Dinner will be served From 7PM to 8PM

Description/special instructions:

It is here again already! The holidays are just around the corner. We had a fantastic turn out last year at the River Walk but as we all found out, at a restaurant with over 30 people it can get cramped quickly. In addition, there were also several people who stayed after dinner for a night cap. This year we have something special for you all- We will have our own private banquet room just for the VCA, adjoining the room is a cozy library and fireplace with our own private bartender and cash bar set up. Dinner will be served Buffet style starting at 7PM and close at 8PM. We pulled out all the stops on this one, we have several salads to choose from, baked salmon, chicken ******, prime rib carving station, sides galore, and a large selection of sinful deserts! To keep up with the holiday spirit Egg Nog, Hot Apple Cider and of course coffee, tea etc are all included. 'Adult beverages' are available at the VCA Private Cash Bar. Prices range from domestic beers at $4 to ultra premium cocktails at $8. :D
We also plan to have a small silent auction starting at 6PM and will end at approximately 11PM.
You will all be happy to hear that the initial estimated price has been cut more than 50%, advanced purchase tickets are only $20.00/person! Tickets bought at the door will be full price of $50/person, I highly encourage everyone to purchase tickets in advance so we can be assured there will be enough food, servers, space, tables for everyone. The deadline to send in payments for tickets will be December 4th. Please send a check made out to South Central Texas VCA to my address 3602 Sumantra Cliff San Antonio, TX 78261. I will send you and email confirming receipt of your check as soon as it arrives and add you to the RSVP list. Your tickets will be waiting for you at the event.

In addition, PLEASE do not drink and drive:drive::nono:, San Antonio has cracked down hard and has check points as well. To ensure your safety I have negotiated a guaranteed block of rooms for our event as well, if you would like to stay at the hotel. All members can now start making reservations by using the group code VC1210. To make reservations: you can do so by calling toll free at 1-800-HILTONS, Online at www.sanantoniohillcountry.hilton.com, or by calling the hotel directly at 210-509-9800. Last date for guests to make reservations is Friday, November 25, 2011, after that the room block will dissolve and be available to the public.

Thank you,

Kurt Robinson (TexasTonka)
President, South Central Texas VCA
www.CentralTexasVCA.com
or visit us on the VCA Forums by clicking HERE

Clyde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wife and I are in and really looking forward ot it!

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Final reminder to get your ticket purchase done by December 4th or the price will increase to $50/person! Best to use PayPal this late in the game. If you have sent payment in and NOT received an email from me please contact me ASAP.

V

Venomiss

December 10th is the last day!

Don't forget to renew your membership online before the holiday party to be eligible for the (3) Visa gift cards giveaway donated by Viper Parts of America.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Christmas Party was an outstanding success, we raised $2,449.00!!!
I would first like to thank everyone who helped put this together and of course the AWESOME Vendors who contributed to our auction, without them we would not be able to have such great events! JonB of PartsRack.com sent a bundle of items; anywhere from pens to limited edition signed watercolor prints of the GTSR! Viper Parts of America contributed huge items like the Brembo brake set and a Comp Coup Hood! A.R.T. donated two full service synthetic fluid changes that were bid on quite a bit and also donated the t-shirts that were given out from past events of 2011. And how can you forget having Ben Keating's ViperExchange.com Viper ACRX in the lobby as you walked in! That Hilton has never seen so much activity in their lobby!
All silent auction items had the Vendor name and contact info on the sheet, please send out an individual 'Thank you' if you get a chance and show our vendors how much we care about them and appreciate them supporting the Dodge Viper community.

Election results were announced as well at the party. Results are:
Joe Jarusinsky- Treasurer (please welcome our new Board member! Congrats Viper Joe!)
Kurt Robinson- President (reelected)
Chris Green- Vice President (reelected)
Jim Chandler- Secretary (reelected)

This mix of board members represents gives the region great coverage spanning from far South East of San Antonio all the way to Austin TX.

The only two items that did not sell at the auction are the Viper brake ducts and also the Comp Coup hood. If any one would like to send in bids on these items please email them in. If minimum is not met it will go out to bid to the public outside our region.

Have a SAFE and Happy Holidays!

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to thank some stand out members of our region that went above and beyond for this Holiday Party. In particular, some of our newest members, Michael & Susanne Gallagher donated custom hand made Sneaky Pete detailing kits along with imported German wine and a hand made Viper necklace. Leslie Lewis, Ray Sissons, Doreen and Marc Galli put together an enormously cool Viper basket stuffed with several items that was raffled off as well. Chris Green donated his time in helping get all the final touches complete before the event and making the dreaded mad dash to Walmart for last minute items. And I can't forget Yvette Garcia who helped out by making sure everyone had a wrapped gift to open (yes she wrapped them) and worked with me side by side on every detail even setting appointments to review banquet rooms and catering.

And last but not least Thank You to everyone who was able to attend the Holiday Party, it really was a great event and without you there would be no event. Yes this is a car club but without the People involved it is no club at all. I look forward to many more social events in the near future and it was great getting to spend the evening with all of you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala