Help request in Vegas!!

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am ready to purchase a Viper and I've found exactly what I'm looking for in Las Vegas at a dealer. I'm located up in Alberta, Canada, so it's not too feasible for me to go down and check it out. The carfax came back good, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable if a knowledgeable person could take a look. Car is a 2006 SRT-10 with about 23,xxxmi.

If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You pay, and I'll fly to Vegas for you! :D

But in all seriousness I am sure someone will chime in here.

Good luck and post pics if you buy!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are a few days late - many were in LV for SEMA...

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Haha, what color is the car? A blue convertible by chance? If so, I've had my eye on that one too (it's a '06 with 23k miles, so I bet it is). :rolaugh:

I actually had my eye on a lower mileage one but didn't act fast enough and it got sold. :(

OP
OP
V

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha, what color is the car? A blue convertible by chance? If so, I've had my eye on that one too (it's a '06 with 23k miles, so I bet it is). :rolaugh:

I actually had my eye on a lower mileage one but didn't act fast enough and it got sold. :(

So what turned you off of buying the blue convertible??

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So what turned you off of buying the blue convertible??

The car I let slip through my fingers was a different one out in New Castle, Delaware. A nice 1-owner, 9k mile car. It was a blue convertible too though (that's what I really want -- a '06 convertible in GTS Blue, love the color).

I still have my eye on the blue convertible in Las Vegas that's currently up on eBay that I assume we're both talking about though. Mileage is higher than average but not unreasonable at all. There is some wear and tear on it though. I e-mailed them and they said there's a small hole in the left support of the driver's seat (you can see it in some of the pictures) as well as some road rash on the left rear wheel and a little bit on the right rear too (you can also see both of those in the pictures if you look closely).

All in all it seems like a decent enough car that's been driven. I'm still undecided though whether I want to hold out for something more pristine (gambling due to the rarity of the color) or just go for it. :)

Disclaimer: I'm totally new to this and have been mostly window shopping for months up until very recently when I decided I actually wanted to pull the trigger. Now I'm just waiting for the right GTS Blue convertible to come along.

Willis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^ Hey bud, What price did they pass along to you for the Blue in LV.

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Heh, nevermind. It sold overnight. Congrats if any of you were the one that bought it!

Oh well, I didn't want to buy it without getting it inspected anyway. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heh, nevermind. It sold overnight. Congrats if any of you were the one that bought it!

Oh well, I didn't want to buy it without getting it inspected anyway. :)

That would be me :D I was in same boat as you, I want GTS blue, I know they are rare. So I just jumped on it. I took it for 45,100$ which seems like a decent price for the car. The same car up in my neck of the woods has an asking price of 57k$ right now. I really didn't care about the curb rash on the wheels as it'll be getting aftermarket shoes anyway, and it just gives a good reason for them to ask less for the car. The hole in the driver seat I'll have to look into fixing. The miles didn't bother me one bit, it is a car that has been driven but not over miled, and it isn't a garage queen that will break as soon as I open it up.

Big problem with GTS blue is finding one without those gawd awful stripes on it.

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That would be me :D

Well then congrats! :D

I took it for 45,100$ which seems like a decent price for the car.

Did you buy it sight unseen? Or did you have a dealership, mechanic, or someone inspect it? I'd be scared to buy a Viper without making sure it's frame isn't bent, etc. and eBay seems like cars get sold too fast to get a proper inspection. Hmm.

Big problem with GTS blue is finding one without those gawd awful stripes on it.

I'm after a 2006 for price reasons and those don't have stripes AFAIK.

The stripes look great on the coupe but not on the convertible IMO and I want a convertible. I already have a hardtop Mustang as a winter car. :)

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm kicking myself now for not jumping on this car. For the first time in a while, no 2006 blue convertibles are for sale, heh. :(

Make sure to post pictures of it when you finally get it! :D

OP
OP
V

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will do. Unfortunately I won't have it until April. Not that I can drive it in that time anyway up here. The GF wants to do a photo shot with the car and my boat for my birthday, so I might have some great NWS pics next summer.

john2456

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a pristine 2003 SRT with 20,000 miles that is showroom both inside and out. Always garaged and never in rain. Silver Vert with black rag top. Not a mark on the rims. Engine bay not even any dust. PS2 tires, run craps tossed. Driven approx 2,000 miles per summer. I have never spun the rear tires as too afraid to blow up the Diff. May be for sale as want to down size the "toys"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R