NARRA Adds Road America To 2012 Schedule!!!

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Road America is better than any Roval, even Daytona, and its better than Sebring. Some would say Road Atlanta is as good, but there is no doubt that Road America is one of the top five tracks in the country, esp if you are driving a high HP car. Add Watkins Glen, VIR to the mix, and the NARRA schedule is better than ever and pretty damn awesome. No PBOC is a bonus too in my book (necessary evils at those three tracks that were dropped).

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All I can say about this schedule, and my participation, is this: "X" marks the spot, or it's "X" rated, or I am now part of the "X" Generation. LOL

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hope they have a Viper Cup race there!

Likely.

BTW, I am also looking for a "team mate." I have the resources to support a second car. If someone has an ACRX that they want to race, I can arrange to supply track-side support as well as pre- and post-race maintenance and repair. If someone wants to rent a car, I am considering buying a second ACR-X for this purpose. This is truly in the "idea" stage in my noggin, but I know pretty much how I would do this. If interested, let me know.​

OP
OP
V

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Likely.
BTW, I am also looking for a "team mate." I have the resources to support a second car. If someone has an ACRX that they want to race, I can arrange to supply track-side support as well as pre- and post-race maintenance and repair. If someone wants to rent a car, I am considering buying a second ACR-X for this purpose. This is truly in the "idea" stage in my noggin, but I know pretty much how I would do this. If interested, let me know.​

Oh man.... :cool:

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Likely.

What would renting look like and what kind of cost would be involved?

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What would renting look like and what kind of cost would be involved?

Renting would include pre-race prep, transportation of car to event, trackside support and "team work," (I don't think I qualify as a coach, but I bet I could help someone out on the driving aspect of things), post race repairs (if needed) and maintenance. Really the whole nine yards where a driver would show up with his/her helmet and suit and go at it.

Pricing would reflect all those services, plus depreciation of the vehicle, time value of the money invested in the car, etc. Entry fees, fuel, and tires, etc, would be priced on a "usage" basis.

I know what Continental GS rental programs are priced at, and the lowest are in the $15,000 per race weekend for a 1/2 seat (at least 2 drivers are required in Continental races); so that gives you a feel for the pricing. It is not cheap, but it makes things so much easier if you don't have the time or expertise to run a race program.

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Renting would include pre-race prep, transportation of car to event, trackside support and "team work," (I don't think I qualify as a coach, but I bet I could help someone out on the driving aspect of things), post race repairs (if needed) and maintenance. Really the whole nine yards where a driver would show up with his/her helmet and suit and go at it.

Pricing would reflect all those services, plus depreciation of the vehicle, time value of the money invested in the car, etc. Entry fees, fuel, and tires, etc, would be priced on a "usage" basis.

I know what Continental GS rental programs are priced at, and the lowest are in the $15,000 per race weekend for a 1/2 seat (at least 2 drivers are required in Continental races); so that gives you a feel for the pricing. It is not cheap, but it makes things so much easier if you don't have the time or expertise to run a race program.

Wow, but I'm not that rich. But if your in a pinch I don't live that far from you and I am planning on attending most of the Narra events, hehehe :) Good luck David and I will definitly see you next year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper