2005 SRT-10 Copperhead in Peoria any members in the area?

Bobby DMX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm planning to purchase a Viper, quite possibly the one I described. It is at the BMW of Peoria dealership. I live in upstate NY and plan to travel out there in my 05 Crossfire,trade it in and drive back in the Viper. I have seen plenty of pictures, CarFax(4 what that's worth),etc. I was wondering if there may be a Viper owner in the area that could possibly be willing to take a close look at it for me. May save me a 2k mile trip out and back. I have always wanted one and looking forward to finally having one. The forum and members have been very helpful. Thanks Bob D Saratoga, NY

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in the area. They had quite a high price on it I thought, so hope you got them down. I did a cursory look about a week ago. Who is your salesperson as I have talked to someone about it already just to see what it was like in case someone on here was looking. I did not make a post about it because I thought the price was way out of bounds.

Anyway, if you want I can look at it for you. I probably can't get over there until Friday if that is ok??? I will be close to there on an appt Friday. From what I saw it is bone stock and in good condition. Do you want to arrange for me to look at it on a lift at the dealership? Let me know. Oh, and yes, Big n Italian lives here too and is a good friend of mine. He may be able to look at it sooner.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The salesperson I talked to was Ken Reardon. I was looking at a BMW 5 series and noticed the Viper and said I may be able to help him...

OP
OP
B

Bobby DMX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be terrific! Friday would be fine as I can't get out there for a couple of weeks. My salesman was Ken. Price was a little less than book values I saw, not sure if that was an accurate fair market value in this economy? Their trade in allowance for my Crossfire was what I payed for it three Summers ago so that helped my decision out. If it's a good solid looking Viper( and I am fond of the Copperhead Ed.) it would be worth it to me. Can I call or email you directly. You are doing me a huge favor, thanks!

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a guy on this board that had a Copperhead in Peoria sold it and is back now with a black supercharged Viper. Chances are probably good that's his old car. In which case, I know he took it to the drag strip a lot. Not necessarily a bad thing. Wish I could remember his nick because he talked a lot about the car.

Edit: OK, the guy is Nixon's SRT. Might give him a PM and ask him if it's his car.

Last edited:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The advertisement says one owner local businesswoman. I am looking at it tomorrow. Should be able to tell if it has been at the strip a lot.

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not mine. Mine went out to the east coast. Mine was #177. I do miss the copper color. The copper color is amazing. Let me know if you head through the area. I'm from around the Champaign area. Have the alignment checked, pull the sides off and check the exhaust for any leaks or rust. Check the seats for tears as it's hard to find replacements with the matching stitching. Run flats will be tricky in the temperatures in this area, but as long as you don't get right pedal happy you will be ok for the drive back. also look for the sandblasting effect behind the tires.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also look for the sandblasting effect behind the tires.

yep. overall, it was a nice car, but the lips behind the front tires were badly blasted as were the underside of the sidesills. i was very suprised considering the low mileage. front and rear wheels and the passenger side had a little curb rash too. i think bobby has passed on this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper