Question for those who have removed their fog light covers

JST2CRZY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I removed mine to polish and clean the debris behind the cover. Like the look better without and was wondering if anyone has used something to cover up the factory clip holes in the fascia that does not look tacky? The bumper was repainted a few months ago so having them filled and doing a repaint is not an option at this time. Also read the threads about the expense and possibility of lens breakage.

Thanks

Last edited:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just leave em out and forgetaboutit. I guess they would stand out more on a lighter color car such as silver or yellow but on my BlueGTS you can barely notice the slots.

I did have one of my foglights crack from eating a rock on the track straightaway....
Just recently threw a yellow tinted LaminX cover over the fogs to cover up/conceal the crack and now they look real cool paired with my yellow HID's as functional fog lights.

Def check out Lamin-X.com if you are planning on leaving the covers off:2tu:

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone has their preferences. I actually added factory lens covers to mine. As mentioned, on a dark colored car, the slots would be very hard to see.

OP
OP
J

JST2CRZY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback so far. Dom, the Lamin-x covers look like a great choice, will be ordering a set if I keep them off:2tu:

notraction

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Snowmobile dealers have dart style plugs to attach panels. I happen to be a dealer. What's your body color? I'll send you some to try

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
on my red car the holes in the bumper really annoy me, I'm actually looking to find a set to put back on the car.

MiaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bringing this back from the dead. Do you have to remove the whole fog light assembly to remove the covers or can the covers be removed from the outside?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Covers can be removed from outside. Just be careful not to break one of the tabs. They can get brittle as they get older. The covers are "pressed" into place, there are three tabs.

MiaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks ViperJohn. So you just pry off the cover by the tabs gently?

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperJohn obviously has experience here too, but 'yes', you pry them off gently. Remember that your fascia cover will also distort too, so there's movement on the release side to help you. But just know that popping one of those tabs will mean you're about to go shopping.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like crap with the holes, unless you have a black car. But I agree, much better without the covers.

MiaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback and tips. I just bought a 96 GTS and the fog lights are full of dust and debri. I guess I'll attempt to remove them without breaking and if they do I'll just leave them off. I've heard those covers are pricey.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree the covers don't hold up well over time, however, it was one thing I missed on the Gen 2 when they dropped it. I almost put them on my car......I always liked the look, especially on the Gen 1. I never did do it. Covers were kinda pricey and I didn't want to cut tabs in my fascia. I actually bought another fascia from a 97 or 98, but never got around to getting it painted.

Good luck in the endeavor. Just don't break them......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth