Airfield "Drag Racing" with Driving Force Club

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another club from the area invited some Vipers to join them for 1/4 mile runs on an airstrip in NY a few weeks ago (sorry it's been a long time getting pictures)
Anyway, Driving Force is a great group of people and they run a really well organized event! Hopefully we can find ways for our clubs to work together in the future.

Check out a SLIDESHOW from the day

04MambaNYC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool pics so how did the vipers do against everyone else ?
Hey Steve, its Igor with white Viper. Well to be honest nobody wanted to run my Viper as far as any Lambos, Ferrari or Porsches, I asked and got turned down. It seemed they just wanted to run each other. I ran the E63 Renntech Stage 3 Benz, beat him 3 out 4 times and the only reason I lost because my tires had no grip when I switched to second on that run so I got off. But I will say the races were close and he was getting better grip.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Igor , good job . That Merc is a fast car stock so it must be very fast modded. Good job betting it. Its funny how we always intimidate other drivers

Hope to see you at the holiday party

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon,
They should have. On a short straight with limited traction "all wheel drive" is a huge advantage

04MambaNYC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard the GTR's were kicking ***, true?
Oh yeah they were couple nicely modded once and they were quick as hell, no chance with them. They were flying off the line. I raced and I asked to do a roll, he said no but give me the hit. That hit was kind of went out of the window because gettting wheel hop but I beat to the line if we went further you can see he would pass me. He was modded pretty good too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2NxSVHQwb4

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sure got the jump off the line Igor. Nice start.
Looks like was starting to reel you in.

04MambaNYC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sure got the jump off the line Igor. Nice start.
Looks like was starting to reel you in.
The only reason I got the jump because I asked him to because if he would launched it at the sametime and it would not have been a good race lol

OP
OP
S

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah it was pretty cold first thing in the morning so we had a tough time with traction that's for sure. The Italian cars pretty much ran with themselves, but the Porsches were mixing a little... I got one race with a new GT3 RS - he got me by less than one car length which I was pretty satisfied with haha. I took off really soft in that run trying not to get too much spin off the line, probably could have launched a little harder. there might be a video from Mike riding shotgun with me :) ... lots of yelling on that video haha

and yeah, the Nissans were killing everyone but I can't imagine they were having more fun. I forget whether it was motor trend or c+d who said the GTR is like "holding on to superman's cape, you just hold on and it goes for you"