engine to chassis ground?

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have very limited accessabilty around and under my 96 RT10 right now to start digging around. Is there a large chassis to engine ground cable hiding under there somewhere? I have having intermitent stater issues and and hope it isn't recieve a proper ground. I have a great connection from battery to starter and a strong 12v signal to the solenoid. But yet on many occasions the starter would fire. I have had the starter and battery both out and they have tested fine, Akk of the rest of the relays must be ok or I would not have the power to the solenoid on turning the key. So todays plan is to attack the grounding system.

Thanks,
Rick

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
on my GTS the engine to chassis ground is on the front pass. side of the engine. Very accessible

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haveing the starter bench tested is not allways a good thing for checking bad..as usually the direct power to it will fire it mostly allways

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 on the starter test being of limited value. Just like the battery test is. My starter in my '01 started going intermittent - did the no solenoid engage grind thing - and although no one around could test it, I replaced it and problem solved. Bought the NSA brand from Rock Auto for 1/2 the price of a Mopar.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave