Seat lowering kit?

Ronvpr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a friend that wants to buy a Viper but he is 6'4". He could fit in my 2004 but his line of sight was even with the visor.

He doesn't fit in my 2010 ACR at all.

Does anyone know of a seat lowering kit out there that will lower the seat a maximum amount? He is considering a few other cars as well but really wants a Viper. Please help me steer him twords one instead of a Corvette , Porsche, (a fan of both)or please forgive me for even writing this, a nissan 370:( .

Any help would be appreciated.

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2.0" Seat Lowering Kit for the Viper that I purchased last xmas, but never installed. It's brand new in the box. Let me know if you're interested.

F

FrgMstr

Some issues on the Gen IV with airbag sensors and something else. I searched here a bunch, talked to JonB at PartsRack and decided against it. My Gen III had a 1" seat lowering kit in it and I never knew till I got in my Gen IV. :)

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I fabbed a bracket that put mine right on the floor. Picked up about 3" of extra headroom. Couldn't fit without it, but at 6'9" I'm never really gonna "fit". Its all a matter of how much you want it.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know someone who lowered it himself all the way to the floor. Bolted in place and not adjustable but who cares, how many people are actually going to drive it anyways?

Reaction score
No matter how you do it just remember that the seatbelt attachés to the seat track and not the floor, so whatever you do make sure you would trust your work in a crash...

If you do a kit in the Gen4 and locate the sensor properly, the airbag will not adjust for the distance to the steering wheel, but will fire at full force no matter how close you are. This is still a "use at your own risk" modification though.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No matter how you do it just remember that the seatbelt attachés to the seat track and not the floor, so whatever you do make sure you would trust your work in a crash...

If you do a kit in the Gen4 and locate the sensor properly, the airbag will not adjust for the distance to the steering wheel, but will fire at full force no matter how close you are. This is still a "use at your own risk" modification though.

WHAT HE SAID.............In addition, the Gen 4 has a computer module below the driver's seat, on a welded bracket. Module should be insulated from heat and static. You MAY have to relocate it to achieve a 2" drop..... The harness has a LOT of slack, and runs down the rear seat bulkhead.

JonB ~~~~:<~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper