GEN V Engine on t.v.?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody happen to catch the series finalie of Viper Cup? There was an interview with Dick Winkels and behind him there was an engine on a dyno. While the air scrubbers looked the same the intake manifold looked a bit different. It was black in color and was ribbed on the top much like the GEN II intake manifold. Any thoughts? Just think it would be kinda funny for them to have the motor hiding in plain sight. :)

Last edited:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no but i bet they are funny jacking with us. all for some fun to see if anybody notices that...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anybody happen to catch the series finalie of Viper Cup? There was an interview with Dick Winkles and behind him there was an engine on a dyno. While the air scrubbers looked the same the intake manifold looked a bit different. It was black in color and was ribbed on the top much like the GEN II intake manifold. Any thoughts? Just think it would be kinda funny for them to have the motor hiding in plain sight. :)

Good Catch Bob! I watched that show x 2, and ASSumed it was just a Gen 4 motor....but I now see what looks like a black plastic intake on top! FUNNY if they staged a G5 in that Penzzoil Ultra ad........ They did simply drop a new "nugget" of info an the TARGA RALLYE press annoucement 2 mos ago, where the Pennzoil and Pirelli on G5 Vipers was 1st made public...

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe. Maybe not...

IMG_06702.jpg

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice one Bob, I think you nailed it. I like the return of the twin plenum/throttle body design. Definitely more exotic looking.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Man, that is really tough to tell. It sure looks like a plastic shroud on the manifold, and those throttle bodies do look considerably larger than the G4. With that said, I would bet we did just stumble on something. It is surely a Viper engine, and it would not make sense for them to be testing anything else at this point BUT the G5.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I suspect that in Mid April, Mr. Winkles might just reveal the truth of the above conjecture!

I hope he gets yet another Bronze Statuette for the G-5 powerplant....

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While the intake manifold certainly looks different, I am pretty certain that air box still has "8.4 " spelled. So much for the rumored 8.7L :(

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Catch Bob! I watched that show x 2, and ASSumed it was just a Gen 4 motor....but I now see what looks like a black plastic intake on top! FUNNY if they staged a G5 in that Penzzoil Ultra ad........ They did simply drop a new "nugget" of info an the TARGA RALLYE press annoucement 2 mos ago, where the Pennzoil and Pirelli on G5 Vipers was 1st made public...

I know. I had to do a double take and rewind the t.v. when I first had seen it. Very exciting!!!!!!