Thread: New Viper owner!! It's going to be a good Christmas

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Viper Owner

Default Re: New Viper owner!! It's going to be a good Christmas

Ok folks, the time has finally come!!! Earlier today, I finally recieved my new baby. It seems like it took forever to get off the trailer, but it was a great day outside so that made it even better. There was an issue during shipping unfortunately. While on the interstate, the hardtop roof came loose, swung backwards and scratched up the rollbar area, the trunk lid and the drivers side rear quarter panel. There is also a big crack in the roof that goes almost the entire width of the roof. It was a huge let down, but I didnt let it get my spirits down too much. I am working with the dealer and the shipper to try and get this problem worked out. First estimates show that this caused about $4k in damage.

But enough negativity... it should all be worked out soon....
    Here's some pics!

10.jpg1.1.jpg2.jpg4.jpg8.jpg

Viper Owner

Aw Man that sucks. Hope you get everything sorted out OK

VCA Member
    International

I can relate to what you are feeling. Just bought a red with silver stripe 2006 Coupe. Enclosed transport won't be here for another week and a half. I've owned a number of exotics but do look forward to the arrival of Spring with the new addition to the garage.

Viper Owner

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the roof! That's why I'll only ship via enclosed trailer though...

Enthusiast

Congratulations and welcome!!

Regards,
    Aaron

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007Bond View Post
    Ouch! Sorry to hear about the roof! That's why I'll only ship via enclosed trailer though...
    Yeah I deffinately learned my lesson hear. I've talked to several owners recently about hauling on an open trailer and all said they've never had an issue with it. I'll deffinately spend the extra $$$ next time on an enclosed transport.

Viper Owner

It turns out that the driver didn't even know it was a vert. The dealer never told him, so he didn't check the mounting points to see if they were attached at all. One of them is faulty and you can't even turn it with bare hands. You have to use a pair of pliers for extra leverage to lock it. So it wasn't even locked in place when the car left the dealer.

Viper Owner

Well congrats on the Viper, I am also a new owner. My first day was pretty bad too, or so I thought. I picked up my car signed my papers and took off. I decided to skip traffic and drive all the way around Houston in my new awesomeness. Just before I got to Sugarland I heard a clicking sound, I asked my buddy if he could see what it was(he was in another Viper), He said "You have a HUGE Lag bolt stuck in your rear tire. They were brand new Pilots sports, by the second light my tire was flat. Had to ride home on the do-nut. Then I barely missed the rain.

Take the good with the bad, at least they didn't deliver you a Corvette. Congrats on the Viper

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Goatman View Post
    Well congrats on the Viper, I am also a new owner. My first day was pretty bad too, or so I thought. I picked up my car signed my papers and took off. I decided to skip traffic and drive all the way around Houston in my new awesomeness. Just before I got to Sugarland I heard a clicking sound, I asked my buddy if he could see what it was(he was in another Viper), He said "You have a HUGE Lag bolt stuck in your rear tire. They were brand new Pilots sports, by the second light my tire was flat. Had to ride home on the do-nut. Then I barely missed the rain.

Take the good with the bad, at least they didn't deliver you a Corvette. Congrats on the Viper
    Yup, got a big nail in my right rear tire two weeks after getting my new car. Barely limped it into a gas station.
    Plugged it for now till the Sport Cups need replacing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2