2013 Viper to drop the Dodge name...

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never take notes from Jaloppy but in this case I do believe it is branded as I thought I remembered Ralph mentoning something like this at his VOI11 speech on the new branding they would have in 2012 and beyond for all of Chrysler and Dodge. Unfortunately though it feels like it will never happen, it has happened. It appears to be the SRT Viper now. Outside of the whole branding thing that Chrysler/Dodge has now done with the Ram, etc. Why call it the SRT Viper and not just the Viper. I mean they do not call the new Ford Mustangs the SVT Shelbys even though that is what they really are and the group responsible for the Ford built ones anyway. It is just Shelby and in the end it is just Viper.

The only good aspect to take from the SRT Viper branding now is Ralph is in charge of the SRT brand so he is in charge of all aspects of the GEN V Viper. That is a actually a very good thing and essentially ensures that the car will be the best Viper that can be produced within the FED rules and with the owners/future owners specific feedback and tastes. He is not going to please everyone as nobody can do that, but I do believe he will produce something we will be very proud of.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, Technically all the SRT versions of vehicles are SRT brand, but they're still referred to as their stablemates' make. i.e. dodge charger srt-8, chrysler 300 SRT-8, etc. No matter what they call the new viper, it will always have Dodge DNA

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT brand is already out. I recently received a letter from Roanoke Motors. The letterhead had SRT on the top let in big letters and the Dodge logo in the upper right. Very seperate and distinct to be sure.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
You say tomah-toe, I say tomay-toe.

Either way, it's gonna kick ass. Or "whoop" ass!