Viper Play Day SATURDAY June 23, 2012 - Pittsburgh International Race Complex

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA Members,

Once again we will be having our Viper Play Day at Pittsburgh International Race Complex (formerly BeaveRun) on SATURDAY, June 23rd, 2012. VCA Ohio members Jim and Kathy Stout purchased the track this last year. HUGE improvements are taking shape at the track. This event will be on a SATURDAY! We will also have the SCCA set up our autocross and there is a go-kart track to have some fun on too.

We have kept the price the same at $300, BUT you can pre-register before Jan 31 for only $270.

This makes a GREAT Holiday Gift for you or that Viper fanatic in your family.

Checkout last years pictures at:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/646392-*PICS*-BeaveRun-2011?daysprune=365

2012 Event Information:

You must be registered for see images attach

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am there for sure, the Stouts are awsome so will be the event.

My birthday is in Jan so maybe someone will get me registered, hmmmmmm

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm in but just going to hang out. Bob conned me into it. I will be bringing the 2012 SRT jeep

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA Members,

Once again we will be having our Viper Play Day at Pittsburgh International Race Complex (formerly BeaveRun) on SATURDAY, June 23rd, 2012. VCA Ohio members Jim and Kathy Stout purchased the track this last year. HUGE improvements are taking shape at the track. This event will be on a SATURDAY! We will also have the SCCA set up our autocross and there is a go-kart track to have some fun on too.

We have kept the price the same at $300, BUT you can pre-register before Jan 31 for only $270.

This makes a GREAT Holiday Gift for you or that Viper fanatic in your family.

Checkout last years pictures at:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/646392-*PICS*-BeaveRun-2011?daysprune=365

2012 Event Information:

BREAKING NEWS!!!

SRT and ALMS Driver Kuno Wittmer will be at Viper Play Day to help us with the event!!!!!!

The ALMS Viper Team
L-R Kuno Wittmer, Dominik Farnbacher, Marc Goossens,
Ryan Hunter-Reay

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS!!!

SRT and ALMS Driver Kuno Wittmer will be at Viper Play Day to help us with the event!!!!!!

The ALMS Viper Team
L-R Kuno Wittmer, Dominik Farnbacher, Marc Goossens,
Ryan Hunter-Reay

:omg: :headbang:

JRC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I made it to the track last weekend. It is only 35 miles from my house. Picked up a helmet at Summit today and I am ready to give it a try. See you there. :rolaugh::rolaugh::headbang::headbang::headbang:

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get yourself signed up.

Learn from the best!!

If you are not sure about taking your car out on the track, just stop by and hangout for the day. Watch and learn.

We have 4 groups that we alternate running the track; novice, intermediate, advanced, and professional.

Our instructors will be giving charity rides at the end of the day for the American Cancer Society.

Come out and join us for a fun day!

'93 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they sell helmets at Pittsburgh International Race Complex? I need to pick one up before the 23 and have been trying to find a place where I can try some on to decide which I want to buy.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe they sell helmets but if you are Comming there may be some you an barrow while you are there.

'93 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe they sell helmets but if you are Comming there may be some you an barrow while you are there.

Thanks. I will be there on the 23rd and since it looks like one is needed for the road course at VOI12, I figured I should buy one.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I will be there on the 23rd and since it looks like one is needed for the road course at VOI12, I figured I should buy one.

I actually did the same thing for VOI 9. I just bought my own. I went to a local atv shop and picked something up. Snakeoly sells helmets but im not sure how long it would take to get one.

'93 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to a local atv shop and picked something up.

Above it states the helmet must be Snell 95 or newer and for VOI12 its states the helmet must be Snell 2000 or newer. Does it have to be a "SA", "M" or "K" snell rating? Or can it be any of the three?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Above it states the helmet must be Snell 95 or newer and for VOI12 its states the helmet must be Snell 2000 or newer. Does it have to be a "SA", "M" or "K" snell rating? Or can it be any of the three?

I'm not sure. Here are some pics of my helmet...

CIMG3054.JPG

CIMG3055.JPG

CIMG3056.JPG

CIMG3058.JPG

CIMG3059.JPG

The size is medium. :)

Konza800

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you are going to buy a helmet anyway you should consider the latest rating SA2010. I believe that this will remain valid until 2020 while an SA2005 will expire in 2015. Although you might find some bargins on SA2005 rated helmets right now. The M rating is for motorcycle and is not allowed at all events although some do allow it. As I understand it the big difference is that the SA rating requires the use of fire resistant material while the M rating does not. Saferacer.com is a good source and they have sizing charts to help you get the right fit. http://www.saferacer.com/help.php?section=sizechart

'93 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stopped at a local motorcycle dealer to try on helmets last night. Then I ordered one from Summit Racing that is SA2010 rated. I had also figured if I was buying one to make sure I got the latest rating so I would not have to buy another in just a couple of years. I am sure after this first event on the 23rd that I will be hooked and want to go as often as possible. Now I can't wait for June 23rd.

Thanks for all of the input.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randal. I completely lost my mind and forgot to register for the event. Can I still get signed up? I may bring my Viper and 996 turbo.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper