Something strange with this car?

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first thing I noticed was no rear diffuser blades. What is this person trying to pull? I'd almost say it was wrecked to have those errors.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like it originally came from Roanoak Dodge judging by the branding in the engine bay

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
We all know that I'm no Tech, and not exactly a "paint & finish" freak....BUT, take a close look at the engine bay photos....and notice the difference between the inner aspect of thepassenger front fender and the one on the driver's side. Note the rubber hood "bumpers" along the passenger side fender (you can easily see the two near the front...and there is one near the rear) that are absent on the driver's side fender. I would suggest that the driver's side fender has been replaced with a 2010 "updated" fender since 2008's (and at least some 2009's) had the rubber hood bumpers mounted in slots along the fender itself. Of course, this is just my opinion. :)

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The aforementioned company deals with alot of salvaged Ford GTs.....someone did a write-up in the driven section of this forum not too long ago.

viperscott

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I noticed the same. Exactly the same end plate fasteners came with aftermarket ACR style wing I installed in my 2004 conv.Point with fenders, also. I will add for consideration more front body panels.
But it still doesn't mean that car is in bad shape. Just for sure it is not without any history...
Many racing enthusiasts starts with cars like viper instead of someting smaller and end first lesson outside the road. It doesn't have to be lamborgini driven in cold weather in Utah :)

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's unfortunate that the car is misrepresented. Someone will have spent a lot of money only to get an unknown end product.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Was wondering what part of the ad seems fraudulent ? "THE CAR IS LIKE NEARLY NEW " ???

I do not expect a typical car dealer to have in bold letters in his ad, "CAUTION: VEHICLE HAS REPAIRED BODY DAMAGE."

I do not expect a dealer to do anything but stress the good points of the car he is selling. "Puffing" up a car is very typical. One should never believe or take at face value anything that a car salesman says about a car. This car is easily identified for what it is, unless one doesn't take the precaution to have an expert examine it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was wondering what part of the ad seems fraudulent ? "THE CAR IS LIKE NEARLY NEW " ???

I do not expect a typical car dealer to have in bold letters in his ad, "CAUTION: VEHICLE HAS REPAIRED BODY DAMAGE."

I do not expect a dealer to do anything but stress the good points of the car he is selling. "Puffing" up a car is very typical. One should never believe or take at face value anything that a car salesman says about a car. This car is easily identified for what it is, unless one doesn't take the precaution to have an expert examine it.

They are lying ********... Is that clear enough? Dealers like that give good dealers (there are a couple...) a bad name. Hope the SOB eats it.

bluegrassvet1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are lying ********... Is that clear enough? Dealers like that give good dealers (there are a couple...) a bad name. Hope the SOB eats it.
Hard to believe the dealer didn't know the history of the car. I agree with the con man theory and would question and further information given by such dealer unless he follows through with a scout's honor, cross your heart and hope to die, or a pinky swear.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It SEEMS fraudulent to me, didn't say it was. That is based on the car possibly having a salvage title and that fact not being disclosed. There was some title issue flagged by the history report. What was it?

It looks to me like the car was not in an accident. Just had the front fender, wing, splitter, canards, and rear diffuser removed or stolen. Would love to know the whole story.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It SEEMS fraudulent to me, didn't say it was. That is based on the car possibly having a salvage title and that fact not being disclosed. There was some title issue flagged by the history report. What was it?

It looks to me like the car was not in an accident. Just had the front fender, wing, splitter, canards, and rear diffuser removed or stolen. Would love to know the whole story.

I don't know the story on this car, frankly, when the owner at the time called me to order a splitter, wing, canards, brake ducts, etc. he never said what happened and I never asked. I assumed it was an auction car like most track crashed ACR's.

When an ACR gets into a collision, the splitter and most front end parts break and due to the factory using cheap cast aluminum wing mounts and stantions the wing goes flying off and lands a few hundred feet away from the crashed car (main reason we use only 6061 aluminum on our wing mounts and stantions)

The people that were selling this car have a different name than the guys that fixed it, so this may be an innocent mis-statement of the facts, or it may not be.

One should not expect to buy an ACR that does not have a story or 2 behind it, any car that is made to race on a track will eventually one day go off the track and if the owner is an honest one that doesn't claim teh car hit a ditch and claim the accident on his insurance, then the car will most likely not show an accident on the title.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456