Thread: When you have been married for 44 years what do you get your wife?

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Viper Owner

Default When you have been married for 44 years what do you get your wife?

We normally ask each other what the other one wants for Christmas or we buy something that both of us want together.

I wanted to do something different this year though. A few years ago she bought me a new wedding band which I thought was nice. I don't wear it every day as I wear the original band.

So, I thought I would get her new wedding rings. She always asked me why do guys if they get divorced go out and buy the new wife a big rock? I tell her it's because they can afford something better now.

Anyway, we will see if this was a good idea. I know she will say I shouldn't have; but, if she does that I am going to take her out to the garage and show her the ACR and ZR1 and remind her she told me to buy those if that's what I wanted.

Last edited by johniew398; 12-23-2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: add

Default Re: When you have been married for 44 years what do you get your wife?

Nice, makes my gift look bad lol

Viper Owner

just made her happy for another month!!! just kidding congrats on 44 years

Viper Owner

I normally go Shopping twice a year, 1st time to buy her presents....... Then 2nd time to return them

What about Fishing Tackle? You can never get enough

Im sure she will like your Gift

Congrats on 44 years

VCA Member
    Southern California
    W Zone Director

Pure Class. Way to go.

She's going to have a big smile on her face.

Half the fun of Christmas presents is being able to show them off to their friends.

Hit this one out of the park!

Got my sweetheart a iPhone 4S. Nowhere near as romantic, but at least this way I can track here whearabouts : >)
    Paul Hawker, San Diego
    Baby you can drive my car,
    beep beep, beep beep YEA!

VCA # 05669

Viper Owner

Puts my toaster to shame.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hawker View Post
    Pure Class. Way to go.

She's going to have a big smile on her face.

Half the fun of Christmas presents is being able to show them off to their friends.

Hit this one out of the park!

Got my sweetheart a iPhone 4S. Nowhere near as romantic, but at least this way I can track here whearabouts : >)
    That is funny! And I am sure she will enjoy it as long as you don't give away the secret.

I have a covert tracking device we throw on suspects vehicles and I had it on her car for a couple of weeks testing it. (And she knew it was there). I finally removed it when she got home one day and said she had been shopping and I pulled it up on the map showing exactly where she parked.

VCA Member
    South Florida

Very nice. About five years ago my wife and I decided that instead of giving each other gifts at Christmas/Hanukkah ( we still exchange cards) that we would instead make an additional gift to a charity. This year we made a donation which will allow a local organization to buy a year of toys for at risk children who are brought in after they are removed from their "homes" due to abuse.
    Since we started doing this, the holiday season has taken on additional meaning.
    2014 Blk SRT Viper TA; old Vper: Q: 11.4 sec. st mi: 174; 08 SRT8 Jeep(159.52 in st mi)(Q:12.13/111.7);00 Fd Lightning:Q:12.89/105.48. Best Quarter mile result ( Top Dragster): 207.43 /6.793

Viper Owner

Nice one John. I just bought my wife of 44 years a candle lighter, an 85% chocolate bar and a tube of hand creame. Not just any candy bar, an organic one from the local health store mind you. $4.95 plus tax.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Bobpantax View Post
    Very nice. About five years ago my wife and I decided that instead of giving each other gifts at Christmas/Hanukkah ( we still exchange cards) that we would instead make an additional gift to a charity. This year we made a donation which will allow a local organization to buy a year of toys for at risk children who are brought in after they are removed from their "homes" due to abuse.
    Since we started doing this, the holiday season has taken on additional meaning.
    This is so nice and sad at the same time. Sad, in that children are fragile enough growing up and then to have to put up with abuse.

Viper Owner

Cool Re: When you have been married for 44 years what do you get your wife?

GREAT Gift! Got my wife of 44 years (will be 45 in September) a 3.54 Viper Rear End! Hope she's happy with it........................

Viper Owner

Congrats to all you guys who have been married that long. Nice present.

I got my wife an iPad. We we not going to get each other anything since we got a new tv, but the other day she said she got me something anyway so I bought her the iPad. I really have no idea what it does or what she will do with it. Hey, Snakebitdave, who was the hand creme for???

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by 1buddyc View Post
    GREAT Gift! Got my wife of 44 years (will be 45 in September) a 3.54 Viper Rear End! Hope she's happy with it........................
    Something wrong with her original rear end???

Viper Owner

Ha, ha. Funny! My wife bought me an iPad, iPhone and iTunes so I bought her an iRon to go with her iCook, iWash and iClean.

Quote Originally Posted by georgethedog View Post
    Congrats to all you guys who have been married that long. Nice present.

I got my wife an iPad. We we not going to get each other anything since we got a new tv, but the other day she said she got me something anyway so I bought her the iPad. I really have no idea what it does or what she will do with it. Hey, Snakebitdave, who was the hand creme for???

VCA Member
    Houston

Welcome to the club of marriage. I have never been married but on Christmas day I will be on my knee, ouch, and giving a 4 carrot car cost ring to my fiance. We cannot match 44 years at our age but will give it our best shot. She loves Vipers too and drives well. Maybe I should of bought her a new Viper instead?
    2009 ACR Hardcore

VCA Member
    North Central Texas

Get the car for anniversary #1 ... that ring will keep her happy much longer. Good luck!
    Mike
    01 GTS - S/S, Belanger headers, RT High Flow Cats, SCT tune, BBG Heritage 2 clutch
    Snakes CAN fly!!

Viper Owner

you better have a bottle of blue pills because i think she is going to be very happy best to the both of you hope you have another 44 years god bless !

Enthusiast

Congrats on 44 years. We are happily aproaching 20 next year.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
    Puts my toaster to shame.
    LOL! Same here!
    Congratz on 44 years.

Viper Owner

I usually buy books for her as she is an avid reader, unlike me. I only read a book if I am on a plane.
    Last edited by johniew398; 12-24-2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: changed

VCA Member
    Kansas City

Johniew398 congrats to both of ya! Wife and I are at twenty, hope I live long enough to match you. By the way you have impeccable in
    ACR's!!
    Happy holidays!
    "Any society that would give up a little freedom to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    Benjamin Franklin

Viper Owner

Thanks goldcup, so do you.

Viper Owner

congrats on 44 yrs!!!

and well done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZRs__rmYMc

Viper Owner

And she loved them! She got me a ring with a garnet stone and a 17 year old bottle of Balvenie scotch.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by VIPER GTSR 91 View Post
    Welcome to the club of marriage. I have never been married but on Christmas day I will be on my knee, ouch, and giving a 4 carrot car cost ring to my fiance. We cannot match 44 years at our age but will give it our best shot. She loves Vipers too and drives well. Maybe I should of bought her a new Viper instead?
    Congratulations Mark! from Alan & Belinda, Cheryl is a lovely lady ... you done good Now I hope you can get back up from that one knee

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by johniew398 View Post
    And she loved them! She got me a ring with a garnet stone and a 17 year old bottle of Balvenie scotch.
    Glad she loved the rings, congrats on the 44 year mile marker (only 25 here) Looks like you made out well yourself Merry Christmas

Viper Owner

Great news, Its all good for me too, I bought my partner a few different presents this year.......AND SHE LIKED THEM ALL! I finally got something right after 21yrs

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by VIPER GTSR 91 View Post
    Ok, tell us how that went. Was she surprised?

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    Great news, Its all good for me too, I bought my partner a few different presents this year.......AND SHE LIKED THEM ALL! I finally got something right after 21yrs
    Maybe there is hope for me yet... on 17 years now and she liked 2 out of 6.
    Looks like I have 4 more years till I hit pay-dirt!

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by VYPR BYT 94 View Post
    Maybe there is hope for me yet... on 17 years now and she liked 2 out of 6.
    You don't mean years I hope.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast