Gen 5 Viper

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

No doubt the rear wing works on the ACR's.

I dont think many of the owners of those cars, unless tracking them, ever really will be able to take advantage of those down forces. In other words, its just a number.

Still looks like somebody strapped a picnic table to the back end of those cars. Completely ruins the fluid design of the Coupe.

This is of course only my opinion and you can never argue personal taste.

Matt

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I dont think many of the owners of those cars, unless tracking them, ever really will be able to take advantage of those down forces. In other words, its just a number.

Still looks like somebody strapped a picnic table to the back end of those cars. Completely ruins the fluid design of the Coupe.

Matt

IMO it's the contemporary version the Daytona Charger and Superbird winged warriors from days past... I think the wing is Bad Ass...

F

FrgMstr

IMO it's the contemporary version the Daytona Charger and Superbird winged warriors from days past... I think the wing is Bad Ass...

I am pretty sure those looked just as stupid if not more on a street car.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am pretty sure those looked just as stupid if not more on a street car.

More stupid by far especially when you factor in the nose too but desirability ranks at the top among classic Mopars... Like the ACR the cars were all business and it's clearly function over form !

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

Matt

If I'm not mistaken, the ACR was meant to give those interested in tracking their cars a viable option.
And fluid design on a gen IV? Don't make me laugh!

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the ACR was meant to give those interested in tracking their cars a viable option.
And fluid design on a gen IV? Don't make me laugh!

You don't read very well. Didn't I say 'unless tracking them' ? Pretty sure I did.

For your fluid comment. Laugh all you want....wont bother me. I for one love the looks of the Gen 3 & 4. Sure the earlier Vipers are cool in many ways but they are also somewhat dated. I am definitely looking forward to the Gen5 to see what they did to take the Viper to the next level.......and I am sure if they throw an equally huge wing on the back of the ACR models when they are introduced, that I will prefer the std version, design wise.

Matt

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235