Gen 3 Driver Side Window Problem

Gen3-142

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(2006 Coupe)

Drivers side window still drops when opening the door, but when raising the window it seems that the window goes up too much ( judging by the stress noises heard on the body and the window tracks). Also I've noticed that the drivers side does not make a solenoid engagement noise when using the window switch up/down control as the passenger side does. I'm afraid the stress will break something else. I've reset the memory procedure twice, but the window still goes up further then it should.

Any help is appreciated.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Window regulator. Driver side cost around $800. There are some fixes if it broken at the elbow. You will need to take int door panel off to see for sure.

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went through this with my gen 2 it *****. One little plastic piece that you can't buy from Dodge. Don't know about the Gen 3 never had it apart.

EXHLR8N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Scott - Call Dan at DC Performance. I have had both doors done on my 2003. One was on the extended warranty .... the other, unfortunately not. He might be able to do it at Dyno Days on the 14th.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may have visual access through the black plastic covering on the leading edge of the door. I was able to spot the crack in the white support tube. Once it cracks,the cable inside binds - causing eratic movement. I had the drivers side changed after 800 miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper