2012 Events

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In anticipation of the board getting together in the next few weeks I wanted to start a discussion of club activities for the year. To state the obvious, we want to expand participation and cater events to the membership's desires. Please give me some feedback. Feel free to post here or pm me if you're shy. :D I will bring up every idea mentioned. Volunteering to help organize the event gives you bonus points!

I will get things started:

1. Dyno day.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Mike!

Maybe a backroads cruise through the national forest/ Montgomery area after a Cars and Coffee event?

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
- Track Days (duh!)... :)
- "cruises" on curvy roads
- group caravan to the round up in austin
- MSR go-kart track day

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
-Maybe we could get Bernie to put on another morning meet @ Tomball with a car on the lift. Go over proper maintenance and trouble spots for us owners or something. I know I never tire of looking at/learning about our cars. I know I would like to learn how to corner weight my car for one. Then do a cruise (and terrorize biker's:)) like Andy suggested.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
-Maybe we could get Bernie to put on another morning meet @ Tomball with a car on the lift. Go over proper maintenance and trouble spots for us owners or something. I know I never tire of looking at/learning about our cars. I know I would like to learn how to corner weight my car for one. Then do a cruise (and terrorize biker's:)) like Andy suggested.

This would be great. I'm with Rob, I love going to Tomball Dodge.

OP
OP
S

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Dyno day.
2. Nat forest cruise after c and c. (Flatout).
3. Track Days (duh!)...(Hou99gts)
4. "cruises" on curvy roads (Hou99gts)
5. group caravan to the round up in austin (Hou99gts)
6. MSR go-kart track day (Hou99gts)
7. Tech Ed at Tomball (Or another lift with a willing 'well fed' Viper Tech). (Shooter)
8. Depending on location, caravan for VOI (Unfortunately, rumors say East coast)

Keep 'em coming. The board has a lot of new ideas for activities and plan to build a more robust calendar. Once elections are settled we will get a meeting planned to get the ball rolling.

RCC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These all sound like great ideas. I did a loop thru the Sam Houston National Forest today it was a blast.

OP
OP
S

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Dyno day.
7. Tech Ed at Tomball (Or another lift with a willing 'well fed' Viper Tech). (Shooter)
8. Depending on location, caravan for VOI (Unfortunately, rumors say East coast)
9. Summer BBQ (A given!)(viperbabe)

Keep 'em coming.

RCC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would like add if there are any gun owners in the group, I have access to private indoor shooting range time. I could easily arrange a private range session if the group wanted to go. I also have quite a few firearms if anyone wanted to try out something new.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I would like add if there are any gun owners in the group, I have access to private indoor shooting range time. I could easily arrange a private range session if the group wanted to go. I also have quite a few firearms if anyone wanted to try out something new.

A combat handgun range or a stand in one place and shoot range?

RCC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A combat handgun range or a stand in one place and shoot range?

Its a stand in place range. They were building a tactical airsoft range the last time I was there. I would have to check if its operational yet.

OP
OP
S

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Something to consider as well. I'll add it to the list.

1. Dyno day.
10. Indoor shooting range time for gun owners in the group (RCC)
11. Detailing Class from Pro Detailer (F8L SNK)

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Its a stand in place range. They were building a tactical airsoft range the last time I was there. I would have to check if its operational yet.

Thanks for the reply. I will admit that airsoft and tactical used in the same sentence always makes me laugh though. But hey, fat kids need to feel cool too.

RCC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I will admit that airsoft and tactical used in the same sentence always makes me laugh though. But hey, fat kids need to feel cool too.

I was skeptical at first also. I can see the training benefit of it, but more than anything I see the hilarity of lighting said fat kids up......

flatblack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With VOI located in Charlotte now, I'd like to help organize a group drive there. One idea I have already is to possibly have the Houston club(and maybe the South/Central club as well) to meet in New Orleans with other owners and drive the coastline to maybe Jacksonville, FL(possible rendezvous with the FL chapters). Then it's a straight shot from there up to Charlotte.

IF I-10 isnt the most desired route, a good option would be to drive Hwy 90 out of NOLA. This Hwy follows the coastline up to the MS/AL state line. And its a wonderful drive!

If any of this sounds like a good option for your chapter, I'd love to get involved in any planning for this.

Cheers!:)

OP
OP
S

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Dyno day.

12. Gull car museum tour in Magnolia. Let me know if a cruise to this destination interests you. I went a few years back with a woodlands group. Nice collection of over 200 including nice mopars (yellow cov hemi cuda among others.

http://picasaweb.google.com/terrie.moffitt/GulloSCarMuseum

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does a professional photo shoot opportunity and cruise of the Blue Bonnet trail this Spring interest anyone other than myself?:eater:

OP
OP
S

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does a professional photo shoot opportunity and cruise of the Blue Bonnet trail this Spring interest anyone other than myself?:eater:

None of us are interested at all.....what where you thinking. :)

1. Dyno day.
12. Gull car museum tour in Magnolia.
13. Blue bonnet cruise
14. Photo shoot (possibly with 13.) (Slithr).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32