Yep Here We Go...Just delivered 2005 vert.

2005 SRT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let the Mayhem begin. Ok, I have been browsing the forums for a bit now trust me I use the search function ALOT. My vert was delivered from Diamond Motorsports in Illinois to my house the other day. I just recently joined as a VCA member and so I figure now is a good of time as any to flex my muscles...... (relax I am kidding). I have 2 dumb questions that I am not ashamed to ask and the second one is a 3 parter.

1. My car (fortunately) came with a key.....but without a FOB. I understand without a fob the dealership has to program it for me. Does anybody have an idea as to whether or not I can just buy a "dodge viper key fob" on ebay or do you suggest I use a vendor on the site or should I just do it all through a dealer??? Any feedback on this at all is helpful.

2. Ok, the seat lowering I am guessing when I purchase a kit it is ONLY for either the drivers side OR passenger side not both correct?
2b. If the kit is only for one side.... is it common to purchase just the drivers side or do people usually just buy both...what would YOU do?
2c. If I get a 2" lowering kit, is the seat position set in stone or is it still adjustable?

Thanks for tolerating the amateur.

Puxatawney Phil needs to make an appearance Real Quick.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride! I could answer those questions for a Gen 1 & 2 as I did those things to my old Gen 2. But I am not sure about the Gen 3.

I got my fob at the dealer and they programmed it--no big cost.

The seat lowering is usually 1 inch if you want adjustments--the 2 inch ones are usually stationary, and yes they are one seat at a time.

Good luck.

flatblack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride and to Viper ownership! I got a 2000 RT/10 about a week ago and was wondering the same thing about seats. Thanks for bringing the question up.
Who are you buying the kit thru now? I'm not able to search for stuff like this at work, so if you could post a link to the site that sells the kit, that would be great.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Northwind Engineering sold the 1" kits, and I think Woodhouse Dodge can order them for you as well.

Congrats on your acquisition! These cars are a lot of fun.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1" kit moves, 2"kit is set. Why did the car not come with fobs? Diamond is near me, and usually this is a dead give away the car was bought at auction. I looked at that silver 05 many times on line. Nice car.