Where is the VIN number

Rainer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi together

We have to show our vehicle every 2 years to the goverment for savety reasons.
Then they check the whole car.
This time they criticized that VIN number is only located on a plate (on the left windshield pilar),
which can be changed - for example if the car was stolen....
Is there any other place on the frame of the car, where the VIN number is located (unremovable)
Thanks for your help !

Greetings from Austria

Rainer

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about the frame but it is on the engine.

vinblock.jpg

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rainer,

The VIN is also attached to the frame at 2 different places (one at front and one at rear end). Unfortunately, I do not have a drawing at hand but I remember that there is one in the Viper Buyer's Guide.

Viele Grüsse nach Österreich!

Holgi

OP
OP
R

Rainer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Holgi

Thanks you a lot!
So i will try to find it.

Übrigens: Da ich das Fahrzeug in der Schweiz angemeldet habe, muß ich zum Straßenverkehrsamt und nicht zum TÜV.
Aber die sind noch viel viel schlimmer.... :(

Rainer

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how the hell was the car imported in the first place?? they had to have checked the Vin then right and they should have records :dunno::dunno::dunno: Anyhow I'm sending you a pm...

OP
OP
R

Rainer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Today i lifted my car to get under and did a search. But with no success.
Either in the front nor in the back on the place where "GTSholgi" s picture show.
To only VIN my car has, is that one behind the left windshield pilar.

Rainer

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's times like these I'm glad I live where I live. This sounds like the same rules Japan has on their cars. You have to have a 10 year old vehicle inspected over there in Europe? Man, in Michigan you can register a bath tub with wheels and a lawnmower engine, and it will never get inspected or questioned.

Rainer, where the VIN is on the pic is right in front of the rear bumper cover on the passenger side frame rail. It's on the top of the rail. (where salt and water can rest and corrode)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave