Dragon tail 2012

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to start planing for this run. I had a great time last year and want to fly my son in from Canada. Will it be the first week in June? Can't wait.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great stretch of road. I wasn't able to join the group last year, but the wife and I did make our own trip out of it. We started at the top of the Blue ridge parkway and drove all the way south to the "Tail of the Dragon". We had a great time and this year are planning the northern end, "the Skyline Drive". Be sure to take a Go-Pro camera for the trip. If you don't own one find a friend to borrow one.

OP
OP
M

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Now the only problem I have is do I mod the Viper in her down time. I have been approved (wife) for a 2013 Viper and waiting to see what it looks like. man I wish (SRT) would start showing a sneak peek.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had to get your Eclipse in here, didn't ya ;)

You caught my subtle hint. I'll be bringing it this year. I've narrowly escaped getting the Viper wet on this trip before. Bringing the DD to be safe this year :D I believe Jason is bringing the Saturn so he can run through the Dragon a little faster than the previous years.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
50 Vipers? Might need to rename it Tail of the SNAKE weekend. I'll try to make it 51 as this sounds like a BLAST!

I can't remember if we broke 50 or not last year. Its hard to keep an accurate count b/c some people leave early and some come late. This and Tony Armour's BBQ are easily the 2 "can't miss" VCA events in the southeast!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You caught my subtle hint. I'll be bringing it this year. I've narrowly escaped getting the Viper wet on this trip before. Bringing the DD to be safe this year :D I believe Jason is bringing the Saturn so he can run through the Dragon a little faster than the previous years.

The Ion is a finely tuned sports car. It's hands down faster than that ricer-mobile you're bringing :p

50 Vipers? Might need to rename it Tail of the SNAKE weekend. I'll try to make it 51 as this sounds like a BLAST!

Do it, this event is a blast.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great stretch of road. I wasn't able to join the group last year, but the wife and I did make our own trip out of it. We started at the top of the Blue ridge parkway and drove all the way south to the "Tail of the Dragon". We had a great time and this year are planning the northern end, "the Skyline Drive". Be sure to take a Go-Pro camera for the trip. If you don't own one find a friend to borrow one.

Here, I thought I was alone around here with this trip idea! Been up and down that strip of asphalt in my old viper many times top-to-bottom and it's well worth the extra drive time. I'll be going down again this year and plan on 4-5 days for it. I'd avoid 'Skyline Drive' because the speed limit on that 75 miles is only 35.... Way too slow.

See you kids at the gap, Deal's Gap...

Cheers

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd like to make it to this event. But I'll have to Cross-check the Cross-roads before I go Cross-country with my Viper. I'm afraid of the rain also.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would prefer to, but when you get stuck behind another Viper on the Dragon that is going so slow you can drive with your knees, what do you do?

I'm definitely bringing some 2-way radios this year and want to make sure anyone in front of me, other than Mike, Matt and a couple of others, have one, so if they're lost in la-la land, I can ask them to kindly get the hell out of the way. :)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would prefer to, but when you get stuck behind another Viper on the Dragon that is going so slow you can drive with your knees, what do you do?

I'm definitely bringing some 2-way radios this year and want to make sure anyone in front of me, other than Mike, Matt and a couple of others, have one, so if they're lost in la-la land, I can ask them to kindly get the hell out of the way. :)

I may not be Mike, Matt or Kuno Wittmer, but when I got stuck behind that red SRT the 2nd time we did the Dragon, I was majorly ticked. I wouldn't have been surprised if a minivan passed up and flipped us off.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Cfi.... There is nothing to worry about if you do the Dragon along with the club. 30+ cars is a slow-train on the dragon.... Shamefully slow IMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper