Thread: Posting Pics

Reply to Thread
    Viper Owner

Default Posting Pics

How do you post full size pics instead of the thumbnails?

Viper Owner

Default Re: Posting Pics

search the FAQ's

Following is some direction on how to view your galleries and upload photos into your galleries.

First, you will need to locate your gallery, so go to the VCA HOME PAGE. in the top menu bar, look for the word MEDIA, and click on that.

located slightly down from the top, in the middle of the page, it will read MEMBERS GALLERIES. ALL members galleries are here for the time being.

To view your photos or upload photos into your gallery, you will need to be logged in.

another menu bar, at the top and to the right, reads:
    Home Search Profile Upload Photos Logout (or Login)
    if it says LOGOUT, you are logged in and are set. however, if it says LOGIN, then you are logged out, and will need to login. so, click on LOGIN.

here, you will need to enter your USERNAME, and a PASSWORD. hit submit, and you are now logged in.

NOTE: your forum password may not work as your photo gallery password! try using the same, but if it does not work, you may need to request a new password!

if you wish to see YOUR gallery, or wish to UPLOAD photos in your gallery, look for a menu bar near the top, and to the left, that reads:
    My Photos My Favorites
    click on MY PHOTOS. you should now see your gallery.

to upload photos into your gallery, look again for the menu bar at the top, and to the right, that reads:
    Home Search Profile Upload Photos Logout
    click on UPLOAD PHOTOS.
    click on a BROWSE button to help the VCA computer locate the photo ready for upload. repeat if you have multiple photos.

click on the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page to upload the photo(s). NOTE: depending on the size of the photo(s), the upload may take some time. so, please be patient.

or simply upload them to a picture hosting service and then use the [img] [/img] tags IIRC

Viper Owner

From the thread: http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/...-pictures-PM-s

POSTING PICTURES

Posting pictures is one of the most common questions! Do a search and you will find MANY threads on the subject. It really is simple and with the following description, I hope to make this as easy as possible!

1 – When signed into your forum account, click on Gallery located in the center of the Directional information bar at the top of the page.

2 – Click on Upload Photos on the next page. You will find the Upload Photos link on the right side of the page under the Directional information bar.

3 – Select the button Select Photos to Upload and choose pictures from your computer hard drive. You may choose to upload one or more photos to upload at once.

4 – Hit Upload/Submit for the pictures to upload.

5 – Once your photos have been uploaded, you will be taken to a page where you can title the picture and add a picture description if you so choose. Again click Submit when done.

6 – Your pictures have now been uploaded!

Now that you have uploaded your pictures to the VCA website, you will now need to post them into a thread if you want others to see it outside of your photo album (also known as Media Gallery)

To post the pictures, do the following:

1 – Again go to Media Gallery.

2- Now click on Members Galleries.

3 – Click on the letter your Screen Name starts with.

4 – Find your Screen Name and click on the picture, not your name!

5 – This will now take you to your photo album where all of your pictures you have uploaded are stored. Click on the picture you would like to post.

6 – After clicking on the photo, you will see three sections under the photo listed as Linked Thumbnail, Linked Image, and Medium Image. Using your mouse, right click on the text in the box to the right of the words Medium Image. A little drop-down menu will appear. Click Copy.

7 – Go to the Thread you would like to post the picture into. By using either the Quick Reply or Advanced Reply method, again right click in the text area where you would type your question. A little drop down menu will again appear. Click paste. Now that address link you copied in the photo area will be posted there. It will look something like [img]http://...... [img] This is your photo.

8 – Type in whatever else you want to say in that post, or add more photos, then hit Submit. You will now see your picture posted! That’s it! You’re done! I might suggest if you plan on posting more than one picture in a thread, open a second Web browser window (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc) and use one window to copy the picture info (where you hit Copy) and leave the other window in the thread you are posting the pictures (where you hit Paste). This will speed things up a lot for you! If for some reason your picture you posted does not turn out right, hit Edit, go back and erase the picture info, and re-copy and paste the photo information again. You may have copied the wrong link or accidentally deleted a number or letter in the information line.

Viper Owner

Beat me to it Plum!

Viper Owner

silver faster than yellow....thats why

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post
    silver faster than yellow....thats why
    Oh here we go!

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassvet1 View Post
    How do you post full size pics instead of the thumbnails?
    I can sum up the page long description the MoparBoy posted into one sentence Upload photo to photobucket.com and then paste the "img code" into the thread you want the pic to appear in.

Viper Owner

There is that way too if you use Photobucket. Much easier for sure.

Viper Owner

Thanks guys. I tried to search the old threads, but it appears it will take some time learning the ropes. Appreciate your help

Viper Owner

If you still have issues, just post here what is happening and I will help walk you through it.

Viper Owner

I think I got it

Viper Owner

I would say so! Lol

Well done!

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassvet1 View Post

I think I got it
    It can also be blown up one size larger if you need it to be.

Viper Owner

That sounds like the advanced course. lol

Viper Owner

Lol. Yes. It is a bit more involved.