Feb 18 Dyno Day at SeriousHP

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Houston members,

Curious about what your snake puts to the ground? Did you just finish a new modification? Will you be starting one soon and want a baseline? Just want to cruise over and watch the show? Want to do a pull in the cool February air for bragging rights? :D

We have set up a dyno day for Saturday, Feb 18 starting at 9:00 and running until 3:00. A grill will be on hand. Food and beverages will be provided. The in floor dyno will allow for quick strap downs so we will have 15 minutes for each car. The club is subsidizing your cost and the rate for our renewed members will be $20, that is $40 lower than their typical dyno day per car price.

http://http://www.serioushp.com/

We will have an email to the group soon allowing you to schedule your time. We had many members ask for this particular activity and plan to see a big turnout. Hope to see you there.
:2tu:

Last edited:

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
B and I are in, want to see what the new exhaust added, now just need to get with Jamie and figure out whose bringing the pit, can't dyno on an empty tummy!

RCC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like fun. Looking forward to it and meeting the rest of the group that I dont know.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wife's Birthday! Couldn't think of a better way to celebrate:D. Thanks Mike I'll start working on the hall pass now.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Wife's Birthday! Couldn't think of a better way to celebrate:D. Thanks Mike I'll start working on the hall pass now.

Wasn't that Henny tour we did with the San Antonio club the same day as your wedding anniversary?.:lmao:

OP
OP
S

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has been a collaborative effort. We will have lunch as well. More details to follow.

Tim is being modest. When it was clear we were both going to be officers we knew this was something we wanted to get on the schedule quickly and he set it up.

Thank you Tim.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
How important is it for me to have my crank pulley pinned and re-torgued prior to strapping it down for a dyno?

I know that's a must have prior to getting a Paxton. Sorry, I know, not much help for your question.:(

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How important is it for me to have my crank pulley pinned and re-torgued prior to strapping it down for a dyno?

As long as you got the torque right and have locktite on it, it should be fine for the dyno.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Locktite? Can you provide a source Andy? The manual states that "anti-seize" be used and bolt tightened to 250 ft-lbs. Quite the opposite, but I recall reading threads on loose Gen III damper bolts.

So which one is it?

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Locktite? Can you provide a source Andy? The manual states that "anti-seize" be used and bolt tightened to 250 ft-lbs. Quite the opposite, but I recall reading threads on loose Gen III damper bolts.

So which one is it?

Because of the spinning off issue on Vettes we started using locktite which worked, but as Mike said above you just need to pin the thing and not worry about it. I ended up pinning mine on a blower application with anti seize. I was just making a suggestion if he was worried about it on the dyno. If he's planning on pinning it than I would use the anti seize it calls for as I doubt he would have an issue so soon after an install. Or Allan could just install it later :D

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
If I can make it, do I have to dyno my Viper?. Could I dyno Brenda's 5.0 Mustang instead?. I already have a rwhp sheet for my Viper.:)

OP
OP
S

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I can make it, do I have to dyno my Viper?. Could I dyno Brenda's 5.0 Mustang instead?. I already have a rwhp sheet for my Viper.:)

Members can dyno any car they want in their time slot as long as Serious HP staff thinks they can accommodate the vehicle. In the case of the Mustang I don't anticipate a problem.

Hope to see you there.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Members can dyno any car they want in their time slot as long as Serious HP staff thinks they can accommodate the vehicle. In the case of the Mustang I don't anticipate a problem.

Hope to see you there.

Awesome. I don't have a time slot, as things could still "blow up" and force me back to work early. Hope not, I'm looking forward to going.

OP
OP
S

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't claimed a slot yet because I wanted to make sure all other members can get their pulls done. We have time available in the second half of the schedule.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I haven't claimed a slot yet because I wanted to make sure all other members can get their pulls done. We have time available in the second half of the schedule.

If any slots are still open a couple of days out, I will claim one. If none are available, I will have no hurt feelings and will come and hang out anyways.

OT
Hey Richard,
If you dynoed the Laguna, it would be neat to compare with Brenda's 5.0 Hint,hint:)

Last edited: