Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2012 -Vipers on the block-

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we need to save this thread when low ballers on here put in thier 2 cents worth that Vipers are not worth anything. We can use Barret Jackson as the new benchmark to protect the value of these beasts.

Bruce

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
we need to save this thread when low ballers on here put in thier 2 cents worth that Vipers are not worth anything. We can use Barret Jackson as the new benchmark to protect the value of these beasts.

Bruce

I won't sell my Viper anytime soon and IF I do, my son is lining up for it.:lmao:So those who sell theirs for low prices are either fools or they need the money badly;).Remember what happened to the Acura NSX, when they returned manufacturing them for a while, old ones gained value against the new model's inflated sticker price quickly.If the new snake will have all the speculated improvements [ carbon fiber pieces, super refined leathers and such] I can't see the price point being below 120K. $40K for a well kept Viper with some milage will still be sought after.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the 99 ACR fetched $51,700 including commission. That's a steal if it only had 1,000 miles but the interior doesn't look like a 1,000 mile car should.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just tweeted Justin Bell! Seems he's excited for the next gen!

--RS

You must be registered for see images

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the 99 ACR fetched $51,700 including commission. That's a steal if it only had 1,000 miles but the interior doesn't look like a 1,000 mile car should.

The seller netted just $42,300 Looks like the "buying public" has more affection for the later Generations at this time based upon the sales price of the silver SRT-10 just before.

Too bad BJ runs so many darn commercials during their coverage or we could have actually seen the action on the ACR. Thank G*d for the DVR!

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I DVR'd last nights show and haven't watched it yet, but I went on Barrett Jacksons site and noticed Lot# 380 the 1994 Viper w/55K miles sold for $37,400

That's awesome, can't wait to see the rest of the snakes go across the block.

Purchased by a member of the Minnesota Viper Club! :2tu:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad BJ runs so many darn commercials during their coverage or we could have actually seen the action on the ACR. Thank G*d for the DVR!

I watch 5 hours of auctions on the DVR in less than an hour. I just can't watch it live anymore. It's as bad as the NFL with commercials.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The AZ VCA is headed it out to Barrett Jackson today...will have all day to peruse the cars, with no commercial interruptions.

Will try to look for the Vipers and take some shots to share with everyone.:fingersx:

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the seller netted just $42,300 looks like the "buying public" has more affection for the later generations at this time based upon the sales price of the silver srt-10 just before.

Too bad bj runs so many darn commercials during their coverage or we could have actually seen the action on the acr. Thank g*d for the dvr!

what only 42k ***!! Ouch!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a pair of matching vin # zr1 corvettes go for 80k. not bad, 1 new gen, 1 old gen

Canuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Greekislandsurf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the Red 01' RT 10 sold for 44K and had 5,200 miles on it....I'm glad it sold for over 40K, Makes me feel great for scoring my 01' RT 10 recently and what I paid for it...:headbang: As if I needed to feel good about my purchase, this is just icying on the cake! Too bad it wasn't yellow, probably would have gotten a few more $$$$$$$.....:rolaugh: JK......not really....

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the Red 01' RT 10 sold for 44K and had 5,200 miles on it....I'm glad it sold for over 40K, Makes me feel great for scoring my 01' RT 10 recently and what I paid for it...:headbang: As if I needed to feel good about my purchase, this is just icying on the cake! Too bad it wasn't yellow, probably would have gotten a few more $$$$$$$.....:rolaugh: JK......not really....

The car had appeared to have been wrecked. So that was a really good price for that car comsidering the ACR didn't really go for that much more. Which was Kinda sad. After seeing that car in person it was just a flawless car. Pics to follow soon of most of the auction Vipers.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know about the rest of you, but I was just watching the commercial filled "auction" and they spent several minutes on 2 very gaudy '98 vettes. On deck was the 92 Viper I hoping to see. Well, they went to commmercial again so we'll not see the bidding on that car.....:mad:

I have been timing programming vs commercials. It has been averaging about 8 mins auction to about 4mins commercials. This year has really turned me off on BJ and Speed.

mgeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was watching Steve, one of the vettes had an ostrich interior? Not sure what the thought process was behind that. I also saw that gen 1 lining up behind it and then it cut right to commercial, disappointing.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really used to enjoy the auction but now it's become almost unwatchable with the endless commercials.

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***....how does the 94 with 55K miles get $37,400 and the 92 with 2K get only $38,000?

Do you thing all the shooters left after Saturdays record setting numbers. If I was the consigner for that car, I'd upset with placement of that car on the docket.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Even though it was red, it should have gotten more $$$ than that...

A good lesson for all those who are not driving their cars and saving them for the big "payday" down the road.
Not gonna happen for a long time if ever. Go take a ride and enjoy the car.

jjp11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I count 12 Vipers in the upcoming Mecum Auction this week on Velocity. I don't know about everyone else, but I like the Mecum Auctions a lot more than BJ. There are less commercials and the presentation is better.