Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2012 -Vipers on the block-

mrviper99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The buyer got a great deal and the seller got screwed. It had to be the placement on Sunday. A lot of cars around that time were going cheap. The seller bought that spot in the auction as far I remember with my past dealings with BJ, Friday night and Saturday are the most expensive times to buy your car slot and normally the best times to sell a car.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you looked at the prices paid, anything outside of Friday late afternoon through Saturday night was not bringing the money. Placement is everything in an auction like this. If that low mileage 92' RT/10 was in the main on Saturday, it would have fetched double what it went for. The prices were all over the map and well..... the auction was very hard to watch this year. Maybe the 92's are just not what we feel they will be in the end. I still believe they will be but maybe they never will.

Just can not trust BJ for selling a good car anymore. There were some cars that if I was the seller, I would be down right upset. Some were way below the money in contrast.

In the end, my two loves in both Vipers and Saleens don't sell for peanuts at any of these auctions. I have just never understood that. I feel their day will come but not sure when. Then agian, I am not an auction buyer. Don't think I ever will be, even if I had the coin.

Vettes, vettes vettes, I just don't get it. Guess that is why I will never own one. They are way overpriced.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For some unknown reason, Vipers are like the Rodney Dangerfield of the collector car world:dunno:.

I guess if they've never owned 1 (or 5 like some of us nuts:rolaugh:), they really don't know what they've been missing:D

Either that, or they're all just sceered of our darn wild, non-handling, no nanny, torque monsters:2tu:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there Saturday, it's really a great show. Great crowds, extremely well organized, and a heck of a lot of fun. Ford had a very impressive display of Mustangs as you walked in. They had a Boss on it's side so you could inspect the entire chassis. Super cool displays. Chevrolet had a nice display, but what was really cool......was in a seperate tent. They had an actual ZR-1 assembly person there. He would disassemble and reassemble the ZR-1 engine with all the factory tooling and fixtures. Dodge was unfortunately non existent at the show. It's certainly not your average enthusiast crowd, uber polite people and plenty of excitement.

Somehow I didn't see any of the Vipers though, oh well.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O.k So here's the Viper that I had seen last week.

These first cars were at Russo and Steele.

Bob Eaton's '92 was the first car we had seen. It's in kinda rough shape. It's hard to tell from the pics I took. The front fascia is scraped. Its missing the original soft top ('92's had vinyl tops and this car has a cloth or canvas top) and the original windows seem to be missing. The paint is bubbling on the right rear quarter panel and the sport bar on the drivers side appears to be sinking in.

CIMG2731.JPG

CIMG2732.JPG

CIMG2733.JPG

CIMG2738.JPG

Next we had seen a '96 red RT/10 with some appearance mods done to it. Not horrible but not great looking either.

CIMG2740.JPG

CIMG2741.JPG

CIMG2742.JPG

CIMG2744.JPG

Then there was a '92 RT/10 with 72 miles on it. :omg: We were not able to get a real good look at it since it was under plastic but from what we could see the car looked FANTASTIC!

CIMG2746.JPG

CIMG2747.JPG

CIMG2748.JPG

CIMG2749.JPG

Next at Russo was a yellow GTS. I can't remember if it was an '01 or '02. This car had seen better days.

CIMG2751.JPG

CIMG2753.JPG

CIMG2752.JPG

CIMG2750.JPG

From there we headed over to Barrett-Jackson. The Arizona VCA had a great showing of cars. The first Viper that went up was a '01 REd RT/10 if i'm not mistaken. BY the time I had gotten there on saturday the car had already been sold and was shipped out. From those that had seen it in person they had said it must have been in some kind of front end collision. Overspray could be seen.

Next was a '99 Black and Silver ACR. Beautiful car. Too bad it didn't go for higher. The only problem with that car was it had the original tires on it.

CIMG2779.JPG

CIMG2780.JPG

Next to the GTS was a '04 silver vert. It too was in fantastic shape. I thought I had taken more pics of it but this rear end shot is all I could find.

CIMG2781.JPG

There was also a '92 RT/10 there and it was in pretty decent shape.

CIMG2784.JPG

CIMG2783.JPG

CIMG2782.JPG

So there you have it. The Vipers on Russo and Steele and Barrett-Jackson/

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow.. i guess if i want to make 10-15k more than i paid for my car.. just run it thru BJ auctions.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235