When am I not a new owner?

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I have had my car for about 6 months. I got the new tires. Learned how to drive it and have a good time and not wrap it around a tree. So when am I not a new owner? 1 year, 10 years?

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you changed your oil yet? How many miles have you put on your snake? :D J/k IMO about a year :dunno: Good question though as some here have been around for 10, 15 and 20 years.

OP
OP
B

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have changed my oil. Thats one huge oil pan. I put on 2500 miles over the summer and fall. Took it to the track once. I drive it fairly hard and did some skid pratice in the Target parking lot.

Im prety much used to the power and drive it like I ride my 1000cc sport bike. No hammering the throttle in turns and all the other dont do rules. Its a fun ride.

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think noob status fades when it's out only on the weekends.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Once you have ridden in a Viper Pace Car you are a made-man.

[And all that other track stuff you did, qualifies too!]

PS you supported our local Kids Hospital event, and you went to at least TWO Club meetings in 2011..............you are No Longer a Newbee!

OP
OP
B

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have ridden in one sweet pace car. I went to 3 meetings I think last year. And I usually only drive it to work 3 miles and have it out on the weekends when the weather is good. Its not a garage queen. The children’s hospital event was great. Not being a Noob is great.

-B

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
soon as you "think" you know what you are doing in a viper is the most dangerous time. be careful

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you've lost your noob status once you do your 1st mod or once you've used one of the forum how-to's or get over 100 posts, or get your 1st warning from the mods on here.....have you hit any those milestones yet?

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
B

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not sure I will be doing any mods. I did that with my last car. Methanol, new turbo, exhaust etc. I had fun doing it. The idea of this car is that its over the top to start with. I think It dosent need much but a new stereo. How do I get a warning from the mods?

-B

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have ridden in one sweet pace car. I went to 3 meetings I think last year. And I usually only drive it to work 3 miles and have it out on the weekends when the weather is good. Its not a garage queen. The children’s hospital event was great. Not being a Noob is great.
-B

Your certificate is in the mail...

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Brantdw,

You could post a pic in the Chicks/Vipers thread showing a ******....thats a no no! You could verbally attack another member in a pre-arranged "fued" or I've heard that if you post an ebay link to something your selling personally you'll get a warning.

I'm sure someone else can comment on how to get a warning from the mods.

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
B

brantdw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good advice Aaron. Ill keep it handy to get rid of my noob status.