Who purchased an extended warranty?

Have Z Need Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been offered 4 more years extended warranty on my '09 VOI by Chrysler LLC. I've never bought the extended warranty on any prior vehicle I've owned. My '09 has only 5,000 miles, so it's not really broken in!! I'd appreciate the comments and opinions from those who have purchased and from those who did not. thanks, Bert

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
We have always purchased the Max-Care extended warranties for our Vipers. Admittedly, we have not really utilized them for much more than peace of mind. That said, with the current complexity of these cars, any future repairs could be much more expensive for the "pesky" things...one example of which might be the window regulators.

So, YES...we have said warranties on our 2008 and 2010 Vipers.

If you plan to go ahead with buying one, I would $trongly $uggest that you $peak directly with one of our great board $ponsors...if you get my meaning !!! :)

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got one on my low mileage '04 for two reasons: it was used and it is a Viper. Agree completely with Steve re: Peace of Mind.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The prices are very negotible and vary greatly from dealer to dealer. This topic has been widely discussed and you will get a lot of info if you do a search.

Bill

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would get the Chrysler/Dodge max care only but negotiate with different Dodge dealers for the best price on the same warranty. Dont just accept what you get in the mail.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the Max Care 7/70 on my 06 Coupe. Paid for itself 5 times over. New rear hubs and tie rods, power steering hoses, clock spring, window regulator, door lock mechanism, new engine with all the needed bits, and new heater motor. Mind you I drove the car hard. Plan to get one for my 08 and 09 as well.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning on getting one for my recently acquired '08...it had an in-service date of June 2009, so I still have 6 months left on the original.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a 5 yr Max Care for my 05 when new ( 2 extra yrs). I reallly didn't use it; I tried to before it expired but the dealer said the regulator wasn't broken. it was making noise and it wasn't always consistent. The service mgr said the difference between extended warranty and the factory warranty was this: My regulator would have been replaced without a peep if it happened under factory warranty but the extended warranty through Mopar won't unless the part is BROKEN. Pretty stupid to me because I'm trying to keep it from getting broken or causing more damage before that happens. Read the small print; ignore BS verbiage from the seller.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I bought the 7 yr maxcare warranty when new, have not needed it, only have about 8,000 miles on the car in 5 yrs. If I had to do it again, I would have saved the money and not bought an extended warranty. I have it as piece of mind on all my vehicles, but I think my next new vehicle I am going to fore go it. Comes down to a good service dealership. We don't have that here in CO, so it has been a complete waste of money on my dodge, jeep vehicles. Put the money you would have spend in an account and use it, if needed, if not, pocket it for the future.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just received today an email from Chrysler about the warranty on my 08 Viper. Is it cheaper going direct to Chrysler or through a dealer? I'll still do it but I too am nervous about the quality of the dealers in CO. Brandon seemed to be the place to go when Glenn was there but he left. I hear his brother is there though and is also somewhat skilled. Coloviper, do you know anything about Brandon Dodge post Glenn?

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a MaxCare on my '05 as well. Haven't used it, but then... Could have used it for a leaky oil cooler line but I didn't want another one of the crappy OEM hoses on there. I would have a difficult time taking this car to any local dealer unless it was a major failure. It is obvious they rarely see a Viper and I don't trust them to be careful and competent. There is a $100 deductable per fix, but that amount is small peanuts on most automotive problems these days. I keep thinking the fan unit or window regulator will fail one day, but with my luck it will wait until after the warranty expires. :crazy2:

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also looking to purchase an extended warranty for my 09 ACR. Only have till May to get it. Any Reccomendations?. Dealers PLEASE contact me with a quote.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also looking to purchase an extended warranty for my 09 ACR. Only have till May to get it. Any Reccomendations?. Dealers PLEASE contact me with a quote.
A starting point for price is to google Dodge/Chrysler max care. It will ask to fill in your cars info and exact mileage. You will get an immediate quote and then you will get an email right away with a discount code to then enter and reduce the price for about 180.00 less. Put this code in for your price. You can click on O/50/ and 100 ded. too for pricing plus year and mileage differences for the total price depending on your needs.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did, the only work completed under warranty was my rear hatch glass replacement, as the bonded strip at the top of the window was coming loose on the passenger side. I'm at 78k miles now and it still runs GREAT!!

Regards,
Aaron

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A starting point for price is to google Dodge/Chrysler max care. It will ask to fill in your cars info and exact mileage. You will get an immediate quote and then you will get an email right away with a discount code to then enter and reduce the price for about 180.00 less. Put this code in for your price. You can click on O/50/ and 100 ded. too for pricing plus year and mileage differences for the total price depending on your needs.

Got an online quote of $3520 for my 08 Viper with 16800 miles. This is a Max Care 7year/70000 mile warranty. Didn't see how I could get the discount code since they immediately ask for my credit card number. Price is much higher than what I've paid before.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got an online quote of $3520 for my 08 Viper with 16800 miles. This is a Max Care 7year/70000 mile warranty. Didn't see how I could get the discount code since they immediately ask for my credit card number. Price is much higher than what I've paid before.

Give a shout out to Chuck Tator (The Viper Wizard) regarding this. He can help.

Scott

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to ChryslerWarranties.com and click on the upper left where it says Quote. When I tried it yesterday it gave me a discount code via email to use and dropped the price 180.00. My quote for my 09 ACR was much less at around 1680.00 for the 7/50000 but my mileage is much less. Tator would always be a good deal too as mentioned.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to ChryslerWarranties.com and click on the upper left where it says Quote. When I tried it yesterday it gave me a discount code via email to use and dropped the price 180.00. My quote for my 09 ACR was much less at around 1680.00 for the 7/50000 but my mileage is much less. Tator would always be a good deal too as mentioned.

Chuck is no longer a Dodge dealer so I didn't think he was able to sell these any longer.

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purchased the Max Care 4 year Unlimited milage option, little expensive but well worth the peace of mind! Two days after puchasing the car ETC (electronic throttle control) light came on flashing!! Went to dealer, no problems thankfully, reset computer and all is well, didn't cost a penny! Would suggest purchasing one!

Sandy G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased my 2nd MaxCare on my 2005. I have 17,*** and in service date was Dec. 2004. I used it a couple of times for about what I paid for the warrenty. I like the piece of mind now that I am covered for about another 50,000 and 5 years. Great peace of mind. Bought if from my selling dealer in Neb. Also, have a MaxCare on my 2007 SRT JEEP. Used it once or twice also.!! Also consider, if you were going to be a buyer wouldn't you like it covered with a warrenty, than one that wasn't?

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George;

I am still waiting to hear back from Glenn. His brother does work at Brandon but not sure if he works on the Vipers.

Right now, unless Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, SRT ponies up a viable option for true trustworthy service and dealership warranty support here in CO, there is no way I would be willing to buy a new Viper. That is really sad when you have to make a decision on a car based upon the support afterwards like this. I swore never again after I bought my Saleen S351R new and barely had the warranty cover the time to deliver it to the house. Just tired of the smoke and mirrors. You guys that live next to the awesome dealers who support these cars are very lucky.

I love my old GEN III and it is easy enough to work on so I am not too worried about the future, but a new GEN V with so many new first on the car, etc. I am very leery about taking that plunge in the future.

At this point I would sooner Woodhouse, Tomball and any of the other big ones be the only Viper dealers to sell and service. Then just build into the business model that all service, warranty and mod work puts the car on their trucks and takes it there to/from for free. That way at least you know it will be done right and you do not have to worry. Right now, the situation here in CO will not help sales.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
On my 2010 I bought a lifetime warranty with a $100.00 ded. that is extremely comprehensive--much more that powertrain for $3300.00 from Roanoke. There is no time or mileage limit at all. The only deal is that if the repair down the road is more expensive than the car is worth, then they buy the car and the deal is off. But with a Viper, I feel that even a 10 year old Viper will still be OK given the resale of Vipers. I think that this is the best warranty deal out there for a performance car like the Viper. This deal could be had on new 2010 Chrysler cars that have the standard 5yr/100,000mile power train warranty. When John Gastman told me about it I jumped on it. He sells it for all new Vipers. Sure hope it's still around for the new Viper---Dave

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always buy the Chrysler Max Care warranties, as was mentioned above, call around and search the internet for the best deal!

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got one in November, 7 year/50K mile, $100 deductible for under $1400. Also you have up to 48 months after your in service date to extend the factory warranty. Of course doing this, you will be out of warranty for 12 months, original is only 36 months. My 08 is now covered for another 31K miles or until 4/27/2015.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62