Rolex 24hr Daytona - Dominik, Ben, Patrick, Allan

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got an email from Dominik last night.

Qualifying starts today. Race is this weekend at Daytona.

Dominik and Ben put something special on the Porsche GT3 #66 car they are driving.

All Dominik told me.... "keep looking for the # 66 we made something special to it on the paint and on the roof for you (Viper) guys. ;)"

66TRGDominik Farnbacher, Ansbach, Germany
Ben Keating, Port Lavaca, Texas
Patrick Pilet, Le Chesnay, Yvelines, France
Allan Simonsen, Denmark
Porsche GT3Viper Exchange

aviatorone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet. Didn't they run that at Road Atlanta last year, for the Petit? I think someone was running the 'viper exchange' car here. I'll look for the pic.

Thanks for the fyi!

steve

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will see how they "Viperized" the Porsche. LOL

Just wait till these guys get their hands on a Gen V. There will be no stopping them!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. I think the world will be taken by storm when then Gen 5 hits the racetrack! :yay:

Then everyone will want to roll in a Viper! :D

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good and we will be arriving at the track early Thursday. The four day tickets sold out quite some time ago and the infield parking will be a mess this year. I expected this for the 50th !! Booked a good hotel right across the street a YEAR ago. Bring it on Viper !!! 60 cars entered. 14 DPs.......

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm gonna head up there on Saturday afternoon/evening to check it out. works great when the race is right in my backyard.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait to watch all weekend! I have a show Saturday night, but the DVR is set.

aviatorone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Viper only made 101 laps.

For some reason, they never posted the #87 Viper position on tv. I found his position by looking up the real time stats during the race..... which posted his last lap being 101. Somewhere around p55.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats too bad, I was hoping for better. Anyone have connections with the team to find out what the reason for the retirement was?

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure why it withdrew from the race but from the laps I timed it was pretty slow. The rules they implemented on the car REALLY limited it. I'm sure the car didn't like having to be that slow.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by never posted position on tv?

I DVRd everything I could. I watched the begining. Later when I left the house and was listeneing on the NASCAR radio feed they mentioned something about the Dodge Viper spining. I came home later and was paging through the recoding hoping to catch the spin. Never did. But I did see the Dodge Viper (yellow #87) during a full course caution early in the race.

I also was able to follow the banner with the posted lap position and was able to follow that up until the Dodge Viper dropped out of the race.

I think the Viper only made 101 laps.

For some reason, they never posted the #87 Viper position on tv. I found his position by looking up the real time stats during the race..... which posted his last lap being 101. Somewhere around p55.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone hear how the only Viper entry did?
Just got home from the race and the Viper was a new car for this team from Deland, Fla. Unfortunately they had electrical problems 2 hours into the race and pulled out. Their times were just off 1 second which is really a lot from the pole GT Porsche 59. I spent a lot of time around the team and they were really let down. Not the greatest line up though. My favorite time was with Ralph G. before the race who got to drive the winning ORIGINAL 91 GTSR that won overall in 2000. He told me this was one of his Bucket list to do and the car looked great out there with the other historical cars that have won this race. They put new slicks on but the rest of the Viper was all original from the completion of the 2000 race, still battered but sounded great. Got great videos of it. It was brought out of the museum just for this event and really got attention. Way to go Ralph !!!! Had a great chat with Dominik too about his run at the Ring. Really nice guy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960