Locked out of cafr, keys in ignition, dead battery ***********

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:brick:Came home early to take a drive and I'm locked out of car with keys in ignition. If I charge the battery will it unlock? It's an 03 convertible so popping the trunk wouldn't help me. Any help would be appreciated. I always leave the keys in the car with it unlocked. I'm hoping that charging will reacctivate the electric door handles.
Thank you

Note to self: Have a duplicate key made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:brick::bonker:

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing yet. Does anyone know which fuses to jump in the fuse box to unlock the doors. I know this is some big secret so please PM me the instructions. It's definately in sleep mode.

Will disconnecting and reconnecting the battery wake it up?

Thanks

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Battery almost charged and nothing. Have home made slim jim liifting up on lock/unlock button and nothing. Reached thru back bumper and disconnected and reconnected battery and nothing. Disconnected both positive and negative one by one.

Nothing is waking up this car. I need the fuse box unlock procedure from someone...... anyone.

Help appreciated.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a blank made from the dealership based on the vin to open the door from the lock above the sill.

Bruce

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great and simple solution. On my way to the dealership $15 plus gas to get there and a six pack on the way home.

Thanks Blu

I had a blank made from the dealership based on the vin to open the door from the lock above the sill.

Bruce

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back from Dodge. Thanks for the late parts hours. $15 key opened car. Nothing came on until I turned the key on. Weird. Thanks again.

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got your original (unedited) message, "Sal, was the top up or down while you were trying to get in? :D"

SMART ASS. Yes the top was up while I was locked out. Of course the windows were down but I couldn't reach the keys LOL. That reminds me of the 'Blonde Star' joke where she's locked IN her car. Funny ****.

Hey it could have been worse. The car could have been running:) and my blonde girlfriend inside.

nevermind.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nevermind.

I got your original (unedited) message, "Sal, was the top up or down while you were trying to get in? :D"

SMART ASS. Yes the top was up while I was locked out. Of course the windows were down but I couldn't reach the keys LOL. That reminds me of the 'Blonde Star' joke where she's locked IN her car. Funny ****.

Hey it could have been worse. The car could have been running:) and my blonde girlfriend inside.

I had used that joke previously, so decided to edit it but guess I wasn't quick enough :D I hadn't heard the one about the car running and your blonde gf inside. I'll have to remember that one for future uses!

Hey why don't you buy my car Chad?????

I would and all, but you're going to be one of those picky people who want a fair price for it and that disqualifies me :)

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be fair and look what you'll be getting; A color that everyone loves and comments on, a Paxton car with 15,000 miles. basically new PS2's on HRE chrome (597 I think) wheels, 2 piece rotors, headers and custom exhaust, bad ass stereo with GPS.

I'm testing the waters but seriously think I want a change Asking $48,000

You must be registered for see images attach

I had used that joke previously, so decided to edit it but guess I wasn't quick enough :D I hadn't heard the one about the car running and your blonde gf inside. I'll have to remember that one for future uses!

I would and all, but you're going to be one of those picky people who want a fair price for it and that disqualifies me :)

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
attachment.php

mmmmm mmmmmm shinny :2tu: