Vert rear pics. Which one do you like better?

Which rear do you like better?

• Total voters
OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a vert and I did not like the plain look of the rear, so I added a lip spoiler to it, but I still prefer the look of the coupe.
Maybe an extended coupe rear would look good but we need to see a 3/4 view to really be able to judge.
I also tought "Vette" when looking at #3, a NO go from that side view.

#1 looks like the rear of a Miata to me.
#3 looks like the rear of a Ford GT

the 3rd one gives it an early sixties look, without seeing the tail lights i kinda like it, very retro.

Bruce

Without question:
You must be registered for see images attach

attachment.php

You must be registered for see images

OK since almost everybody hated the extended rear idea. I thought I would post an edited pic of another angle based on Rocket's street serpent. I wasn't really thinking of something too radical. As you can see in the picture the difference is subtle.

It wasn't my intend to make the rear look like the rear end of a corvette and I think this still looks much like a viper no matter what others have stated. I agree with BlknBlu it looks kind of retro Ford GT like (as per am.mscl comment) and I kind of like it. I was just playing around with the pictures since I got bored.

The SRT-10 design is great for both coupe and vert. Although I do think it would have been better if the vert came with the same rear as the coupe and it's awesome GTS-R 001 came up with a kit for those who are willing to pay several thousand bucks to have that look. In my opinion the only difference between both should have been the soft top and nothing else. I'm not sure I'd go for the kit though I'm guessing it would be between 5000-7000 to have it painted and installed and I'm not sure it would be worth it. You could spend the money on some performance and suspension upgrades and the it's not like the original rear end of the vert is ugly. Once I have the car I'd most definitely go for a hard top, because it server multiple purposes and it's a less invasive mod.

Anyways it has been fun to read through the comments and opinions and that's all I wanted, some free entertainment.

Tony

OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
TonyCool, I forgot to mention before ... you got some awesome photoshop skills man!
I wish I could do that stuff.

The pic you used is not a real VR car. It was PS'd by me a couple of years ago. Along with changing the color to VR, I also lowered it and added the HRE wheels. I like the stock vert rear with the Lemke top. The coupe rear looks good, but I prefer it on the coupe. That last one looks horrible. Sorry, but it looks like a rear from an 80's Corvette.

The dark tinted windows were PS'd. I did these Photoshops years ago before I learned better techniques. After reading some of your posts, you seem like the type that would buy a car just to seen in it. ME ME ME ME ME!! lol

MY Photoshop skills, but thanks.

The color is Photoshopped. I changed the color to VR right around the time we were starting to see real-world pics of VR, so the color isnt perfect.

Austin I was not trying to still your credit for your photoshop skills. As the initial post states I just edited the rear end of the car and to be honest I didn't even know it was shopped picture. I just choose it because it had the hardtop. However I think I have some edition skills of my own and maybe VYPR BYT 94 was referring to those. Cheers,

Tony

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin I was not trying to still your credit for your photoshop skills. As the initial post states I just edited the rear end of the car and to be honest I didn't even know it was shopped picture. I just choose it because it had the hardtop. However I think I have some edition skills of my own and maybe VYPR BYT 94 was referring to those. Cheers,

Tony

Im not saying you tried to pas it off as yours. I was just letting you know its a Photoshop and not a real VR car. Its all good that you used it. No worries here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456