Couple Questions on 01 GTS

'93 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at a 01 GTS today that I may consider buying, but have two questions about it. The first is in the trunk by the amp on the drivers side, there was another small box/relay/etc? Is this on all GTS? I do not remember seeing it before on any. Just wanted to check that it was factory? A picture of it by the amp is below

You must be registered for see images attach

My second question is on the NACA duct that is at the front of the hood. The duct had two cracks in it that ran back the inside edges. The cracks started from the on the top of the duct where it looks like the two pieces may be molded together. Is the duct one or two pieces? Has anyone seen a duct like this before? I didn't get a picture of the cracks on the car, but below is a picture of a duct showing the top and you can see the lines on each side where it looks like either a molding line or possible where the two pieces are molded together?

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks,

Craig

Rickman6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trunk set up is stock and the naca duct looks fine ...its a one piece unit...

OP
OP

'93 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the information. The car was exceptionally clean and I don't remember seeing any that had cracks in the NACA duct before. But I may have just missed them.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those aren't cracks. When something is in 2 pieces, they're called part lines. A crack is a defect in a single component. Again, the NACA duct is 2 parts. Hence, the visible line between part A and part B is a part line.

OP
OP

'93 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the lines across teh front/top of the duct are the seams between teh two parts. The cracks I noticed were actually inside the duct and they ran back to the opening of the duct from these seams. I assumed that is was just the two parts of the duct starting to seperate. But I was just wondering if it was common for this to happen or not?

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One remark: colors for MY01 include yellow, red and saphire blue, if I am not mistaken. So this one might be either MY00 (steelgray) or MY02 (graphite)!?!?
Or am I completely wrong?

Holgi

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One remark: colors for MY01 include yellow, red and saphire blue, if I am not mistaken. So this one might be either MY00 (steelgray) or MY02 (graphite)!?!?
Or am I completely wrong?

Holgi

Good catch. Definitely not Graphite or Steel Gray, unless the light is playing some crafty tricks. Looks like standard silver in the pic.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious...what color is the car you are looking at. Doesn't look like an '01 color unless it's a custom color.

OP
OP

'93 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car that I looked at is Yellow. I didn't have a clear picture of it showing the NACA duct, so I just found that picture of the silver one to show the molding lines acrosss the top of the duct. I thought atleast having a picture of it would help, rather then just trying to explain. Thanks for all of the input. Here is the link to the car.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ODGE&seller_type=b&cardist=202&standard=false