Hello from Germany

LikeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My name is Andy and I live in Germany. I drive around and do not want to stretch happy because the porsche gt3 in Germany stands at every corner. Unfortunately, I know the people do not go 2-3 in Germany one acr. I would be very happy if you can answer me this question.
- Is the ACR steadfast on the track or is there much to screw
- Are there any known problems that occur on the racetrack.
- Is the 2010 model really that much better or you can also recommend the 2008 models.
- In EBay.com are just two good red ACR for sale. Identify someone by chance one of the two cars?

I thank you again for the answers and I am soon to annoy the Porsche.

Unfortunately my English is not the best and so I write with a translation program. If the question ever listen to funny I say excuse me!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL - die ACR hält den Rekord auf der Nürburgringschleife. Das sollte ausreichen.
Die ACR-X war nochmal fast 10 Sekunden schneller, obwohl der Fahrer das erste Mal (!) auf der N'ringschleife gefahren ist...go figure!
Ebay und ACR kaufen? Naja...ohne vorherige persönliche Inspektion würde ich keine Viper und nirgendwo kaufen.
2010 ist besser als 2008, ja.

OP
OP
L

LikeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hallo und danke für die Antwort und das auch noch in Deutsch:D. Genau deshalb finde ich die ACR Top nur gibt es bei uns sehr wenig Info wie lange das alles auf der Rundstrecke hält bzw. Probleme bekannt sind die imer wieder auftauchen?
Darf ich Dich noch was fragen. Die 2010er soll 2 Ölkühler verbaut haben. Hat das die 2008er auch schon?
Der Kauf läuft auf jeden Fall über eine Agentur.

OP
OP
L

LikeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone says you do not buy ACR! Porsche has no technical problems on track days and Viper ACR there is always a defect. They know the car and not talk about stupid. But I'm a little confused why I wanted to thank you, ask around what the owners say of ACR.
I will also set nice videos in Youtube.

OP
OP
L

LikeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you!

Unfortunately, there was still no response if the ACR on the track has many failures
Thank you
Andi

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!

I've did a bit of searching for you. I didn't find any track issues with the ACR. In fact I don't recall reading about ACR issues other than one. The weight of the rear spoiler can cause damage where the hatch back pistons attach to the car. Close the hatchback carefully.

2010 model is probably not that much better than on 2008. The 2010 has a usable 5th gear that will be helpful on the long straight at Nurburging and the rear wing is more aerodynamic. You have to decide how much that is worth to you. There may be a few other improvements.

The only possible track problem you will have is running over all the Porsches! Remember, the Viper is an axe, a Porsche is a fine scalpel. It ****** people off that an Axe is the better tool for carving up racetracks. You can cut yourself with a scalpel, you can kill yourself with an Axe. The horsepower in the ACR is instant and can break the tires loose at anytime if applied too harshly. I've seen too many pictures of wrecked Vipers in Europe for the low numbers that are over there. The car won't save you from your stupidity, so drive carefully as you learn the car's limits and your limits.

Post pictures of your ACR next to all the frowning Porsche drivers!

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been to the track 4 times with my ACR is the Texas heat, zero failures. Others I know have been many more times than that. You will not be disappointed in the car.

OP
OP
L

LikeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!
I also believe that the ACR makes no problems on the track. If you still think of something to which one must be careful with the ACR, please give me the info. in Germany, unfortunately I can not inform me and my english is so bad that I can not read the forum entirely.
still a question. 2008 to 2009 is equivalent?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
minor changes only between the years. Although 2010 (the last production year) gots rid of all the "Kinderkrankheiten".

OP
OP
L

LikeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope that was run at a viper the 2000-4000 mls are also fixed on the track child diseases.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Das ACR ist super! Nicht hast crunchen on Das track, und ist über betriebssicher.

Das Viper welt ist klein. Nehmen die beratung Von personen Die nicht in der Viper weld. Wissen sie nicht.

Mien deutsch sucken. :D

Last edited:

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as you don't need nannies you will be fine. Learn to drive the car with a smooth touch and you don't need them. The ACR has wells of torque the Porcsches can only dream of. Its up to you to learn how to apply it. Upgrade to stainless brake lines and Motul or its equivalent 600 degree break fluid and have fun!

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell the Porsche guys that their cars are like fantastically well-mannered women; but, sometimes a guy just wants to mess around with a girl that is just a little rough and naughty. Get the Viper. You won't regret the ride that it gives you. You don't have to get married to it to have fun, and it won't be mad if you leave it for a Porsche. Some other guy will come along and pick up where you left off..

I know several guys who track their ACRs and they love them !

Sorry, if you are using a translator tool, that is just not going to come across !

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I translate: Sag den Porschebuben, dass ihre Autos wie fantastische tolle Frauen sind, aber manchmal braucht ein Kerl ein Mädel, dass etwas herb und luderhaft ist. Nimm die Viper. Du wirst die Fahrt mit der Viper nicht bereuen. Du musst sie nicht heiraten, um Spass mit ihr zu haben. Und sie ist nicht böse, wenn du sie für einen Porsche verlassen solltest. EIn anderer Kerl wird auftauchen und sie mitnehmen, wo du aufgehört hast...Ich kenne einige Jungs, die ihre ACR auf der Rennstrecke bewegen und alle lieben es!

OP
OP
L

LikeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,
I've just bought an ACR!
Now it goes to Germany to hunt porsche

Where to buy in USA Accessories for Viper?
I am still a Short Shifter
6 point harness. how to fix the viper in the? ? drill
Thank `s
Andi

@Viper GTS Danke für das überstzen:)

OP
OP
L

LikeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a 2008 ACR in Texas.
I hope the car is o.k.
3100 mls color red/black
3-4 Track Days
Vin: 1B3JZ69Z18V201355
The car has an Viper Club of Amerika Sticker an an K&N Sticker in back

Thank`s for the 2 PM

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 point harnesses can be installed in the factory holes, no need for drilling. You will have to cut holes in the carpet to find the drilled holes. Congrats on the new car.

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,
I've just bought an ACR!
Now it goes to Germany to hunt porsche

Where to buy in USA Accessories for Viper?
I am still a Short Shifter
6 point harness. how to fix the viper in the? ? drill
Thank `s
Andi

@Viper GTS Danke für das überstzen:)

All right Andi way to go :headbang:

OP
OP
L

LikeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Friends,

many many many 10000 thanks for the posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:2tu:

accident was on ebay! I do not buy this viper! The dealer is not serious!
The search continues

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep looking. People here will help you out if you have questions or concerns. If you want someone to look at a car it is very likely a member will be willing to go check it out. Don't forget about CarFAX and Autocheck. Those services will help locate problems, but are not perfect.

Finally, you can have the sale contingent on an inspection. There are inspections services that are better than nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper