Custom Polished Split Intake

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always liked the look of a polished split intake in front of a big ole honking V10. If she breathes better also ... that's just a bonus. :) About a year ago, I stumbled across a Hennessy split intake for sale by Nader, but eventually passed on it due to the need for aux. filters. Maybe I'm just anal (probably :D), and only want the best for my Viper. But, I just didn't want aux. filters lying around in the engine bay. I truly wanted a full Plug-n-Play version, and couldn't find one :(

I eventually reached out to Will @ RSI and asked if he could custom fabricate me a full plug-n-play version of a polished split intake. To be truly plug-n-play I needed a port for the TPS, and two bungs for the hoses that need to attach. After several attempts, Will was finally able to produce what I was looking for.... whatcha think; I think he did a great job. :headbang: Thank you Will :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Ryan Thank you, for the lead on the Spectre filters ... love'em :2tu:

Here's the driver’s side where I needed the TPS port and one ****.

Here's the passenger side where I needed the other ****.

Over-all I think Will did a great job and I'm looking forward to bolting it on this weekend.

He lost his tail making this one for me and I'm not sure if he'll make another ... but maybe pretty please would work? It is polished aluminum/clear coated. I'll post more pics once installed.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just today I was there having some suspention work done, and on the way to them I ran over a rock and it craked my oil pan. Will had a spare oil pan and got me running on the same day. Great service great shop. the intake looks great .

OP
OP
S

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sure is pretty.

Thanks Tom, it was your engine bay that made me want to add the split intake to mine. Might be pretty, but it's small potatoes next to the Gen III to Gen IV conversion you're working on ... that is down right beautiful! Keep us posted on your progress.

Mark779

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be taking a shot at making a split intake this weekend and want to bring up the old thread ....does anyone know these spectre filter part #s? I think its #9731 but just wanted to make sure, they appear to be the 9-10 inch filters. They are one of the few companies that make a black filter which would match the Viper.

Mark779

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While im usually one to want to make something myself, this price isnt really that prohibitive from just buying it, bling or not. http://www.roeracing.com/productcart/pc/K-N-Air-Charger-Intake-Kit-03-06-Viper-SRT-10-190p214.htm

I have the K & N on the Viper already. I am doing some manifold polishing and powder coating and figured this would really give it a nice appearance instead of the plastic. You don't happen to know the Spectre filter #s the OP used do you?

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the grommet, its not supposed to be glued, but if you want it glued, glue it then. Trust me, its sealed like that and its a bitc# to get off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper