Tire Replacement??

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've only had my Viper for about 8 months and have read many threads about tires. I looked at the date on my PS2's and it's (4205). Some threads say replace anywhere between 5 years and 8 years. What is the general consensus about tire replacement?

Ataim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also say replace. Just because it has usable tread the rubber is hard. I had a P-Zero that was only 5 years old that started to seperate at about 80mph. Luckly I heard / felt the vibration and was able to stop before it destroyed my Boxster. Like Bob said cheap insurance.

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+2

At ~$1,500 for a set of 4, tires and cheap are two words that don't go well together...yikes! 10 years is the max so you might wanna start the process of getting them replaced. Discount Tire and Costco are a good start. Good Luck!

OP
OP
S

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dilemma is: do I get new tires and keep my Stock Gen1 wheels or upgrade to the Gen3 10 spoke wheels that I love and get the bigger tires. Anyone looking to sell there 10 spokes? I have seen the one ad in the classified section. Waiting to see more detailed pictures of the curb rash.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Might be cool to get the newer set of rims and if you want a straight answer call Luke at the Tire Rack ( ext. #362 ) . He and his company have supported the Club for years and he is very knowledgeable on what is best for the Snake. Another good source is Viper Parts of America , as the funds go back to support the Club. You should be able to find a set of 10 spokes pretty reasonable and it will give your RT and fresh new look. Best of luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper