Why would SRT not advertise?

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrysler just spent $12 million on a two minute spot. Clint Eastwood rocks

VIPER PIT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree, I think Clint needs to be the next viper spokesperson. Can u imagine his finger on the "start button" "Go ahead - make my day!"
Gotta luv it!

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the end of the commercial they list the brands, but SRT was not listed.

Bruce

Last edited:

Greekislandsurf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All good points.....There should have been something to show the new viper was on it's way. Clint would be great in the drivers seat of the new viper as well and yes, the NSX does look nice....but who saw a Hyundai with 430 HP commercial coming at them....:dunno: That's just too close to my 450 HP to be comfortable with.....What to do...What to do.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those commercials have always been for products geared towards the masses ... Bud, Pepsi, Chevy Trucks etc.
We won't get to see our beloved Viper in one. :(

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All good points.....There should have been something to show the new viper was on it's way. Clint would be great in the drivers seat of the new viper as well and yes, the NSX does look nice....but who saw a Hyundai with 430 HP commercial coming at them....:dunno: That's just too close to my 450 HP to be comfortable with.....What to do...What to do.....:rolleyes:

What Hyundai commercial said 430 HP? Besides your GEN II is a bit of a pooch by today's standards anyway. Maybe it's time for the 2013 STRYKER!

Last edited:

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I have always wondered what it would 'cost' to have say the new Gen V black sillouette lurking somewhere in the background.. or a Gen4
.. or a GTS .. or that distinctive V10 exhaust note in passing..

Greekislandsurf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Hyundai commercial said 430 HP? Besides your GEN II is a bit of a pooch by today's standards anyway. Maybe it's time for the 2013 STRYKER!

Hmmmmmm.....let's see....take out a new car loan and have to work longer.....or retire early and drive a pooch......:drive: I think I'll drive the pooch while retired....:drive:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm.....let's see....take out a new car loan and have to work longer.....or retire early and drive a pooch......:drive: I think I'll drive the pooch while retired....:drive:

LOL ! Same thought process here. But, boy, what a pooch it is, eh what !

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the new SRT, and I think they're looking to establish themselves as a brand apart. For instance, I'm sure everyone noticed that there were zero SRT vehicles in the SBowl ad; the other brands literally cannot use them for promotion. Hence you see the R/T Challenger, etc.

SRT wants to be seen as AMG is; the upscale everything within a parent company's brand(s). Without question, more power and performance. But also upgraded interiors and non-performance content.

Their budget will be lean. I imagine that SRT will launch their brand identity campaign with the introduction of the new Viper. They'll try to capitalize on the media and social network buzz to make their own statement. I hope they keep working with whichever ad agency is doing the Dodge work... I think those have been fantastic campaigns.

Greekislandsurf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a few.....SBowls back when I got that first glimps of the Dodge Magnum in one of their commercials. They had me hook-line and-sinker and it's been in my driveway ever since. Maybe some of us feel something should have been shown. I guess there is still plenty of time to show the new brand and viper, but being a Mopar guy and just loving the viper, I wanted them to represent us, the few, the proud the Viperines....sorry.... got carried away...:D

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, the Magnum!! Almost bought one years ago...was surprised to discover they only made 15-20K per year...No wonder they went bye-bye.

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the end of the commercial they list the brands, but SRT was not listed.

Bruce

Ya, I thought that was odd too. SRT is supposed to be a separate division and they list all the divisions at the end except SRT.

RAM..DODGE...CHRYSLER...JEEP...and..... ***

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey your the one who was worried about the Hyundai. I just thought I'd throw out an option for you, since you sounded worried.
Looks like I ruffled a few feathers with the pooch comment :D. You gotta ruffle the feathers once in a while......

With regards to the non placement of the SRT brand, I think it was smart. They should seperate themselves as much as possible from the regular cars. SRT should stand out. If they were smart, they would give zero discounts and only make them available from the best of the best dealerships. Make the best product with the best service (customer care), and the product will hold it's resale value as well. This should be mandated from FIAT.

Last edited:

Greekislandsurf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey your the one who was worried about the Hyundai. I just thought I'd throw out an option for you, since you sounded worried.
Looks like I ruffled a few feathers with the pooch comment :D. You gotta ruffle the feathers once in a while......

With regards to the non placement of the SRT brand, I think it was smart. They should seperate themselves as much as possible from the regular cars. SRT should stand out. If they were smart, they would give zero discounts and only make them available from the best of the best dealerships. Make the best product with the best service (customer care), and the product will hold it's resale value as well. This should be mandated from FIAT.

I agree, they should place themselves on a higher shelf only because they do have a special product to offer. As for being ruffled...your comment did not offend me at all. We all know what we have and truly this viper has more HP than any car I have ever owned, I'm good with it and not really worried about the Hyundai. :D

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$$$$$ spent on a very limited market and price...over $100,000 for a spare car really takes a lot out of being players PLUS a lot of small business owners that can afford this car, are putting their extra cash in the mattress, this economy isn't strong yet, wait till everyone sees the new taxes coming later this year and next year, most people have no idea what is coming !!

On Clint Eastwood's commercial, not sure if all heard but not a single dollar was spent in Detroit, a lot was filmed in San Diego and southern Cali, only found in a file cabinet some old pictures of Detroit to insert....I heard $3.5 million for the ad and get it seen, I think paying back the government (US !!) is more important than trying to sell cars for Fiat....sorry about my $.02

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4