New Viper during the Super Bowl--lost opportunity

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It really was, without a doubt, a missed opportunity for SRT, Viper, and the Dart. While it was a great commercial, and it got all the buzz, it didn't really advertise anything specific. They should have filmed Clint driving a Dart. Or show teaser shots of the Viper. It felt more like a commercial for the middle class and Detroit (Even though it wasn't even filmed in Detroit), not for a car. There were only three 1-second shots of the Challenger, Ram, and Jeep. Last year's commercial focused on the 200 and showed real parts of the D. The 200 sold 90,000 units because of that commercial, almost three times more than the 300. The fact that SRT isn't even at the top banner of the official Chrysler youtube page tells me either someone is dropping the ball in marketing, or Chrysler isn't taking SRT all too serious right now.

My favorite commercial was actually the Chevy commercial, and it helped the bankrupt "Hostess" brand out a bit too.
"Dave drove a Ford"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxFYYP8040A

Last edited:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been at least 6 ZR1 commercials created over the past few years. They advertise it a lot or maybe that advertising is only in Colorado. They all have Tim "The Tool Man" Allen as the narrator in the commericals with the White ZR1, touting Nurburing this and more HP than everything that. They take *** shots at most all others like Porsche, Ferarri, etc. but never mention the Viper as competition.

Personally I don't think thy know how they are marketing SRT. I mean every other vehicle they have is the XXXX SRT-8 or whatever. XXXX is Jeep, Dodge, Ram, or whatever. Viper should be the line, just like Ram is a line, now. The fact SRT is reversed in the nae as SRT Viper is just well......backwards. Can't wait to go to Pep Boys for a replacement filter and tell them I own an SRT, no not a Dodge SRT just SRT. Deer in the headlights here we come.

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was wondering if it had something to do more with CAFE standards, as it has some effect on how many models are produced. The srt vehicles wouldnt be calculated with the others, and they could possible be fined less or not at all.

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been at least 6 ZR1 commercials created over the past few years. They advertise it a lot or maybe that advertising is only in Colorado. They all have Tim "The Tool Man" Allen as the narrator in the commericals with the White ZR1, touting Nurburing this and more HP than everything that. They take *** shots at most all others like Porsche, Ferarri, etc. but never mention the Viper as competition.

Personally I don't think thy know how they are marketing SRT. I mean every other vehicle they have is the XXXX SRT-8 or whatever. XXXX is Jeep, Dodge, Ram, or whatever. Viper should be the line, just like Ram is a line, now. The fact SRT is reversed in the nae as SRT Viper is just well......backwards. Can't wait to go to Pep Boys for a replacement filter and tell them I own an SRT, no not a Dodge SRT just SRT. Deer in the headlights here we come.

Very good post.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They'll probably do it next Superbowl. Perhaps Ralph doesn't have his marketing team all together yet.

...oh, they're together... but I think we'll see much more selective, targeted marketing for the SRT brand. This year marked their first year at SEMA as a stand-alone display, and you can always head to drivesrt.com to get a sense of the SRT brand identity.

I think this is a case where they've chosen to "keep their powder dry", waiting for the new Viper to increase the impact of their brand marketing.

It's gonna be pretty cool, I think.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235