My 2013 Viper Illustration

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't like it. And please take "super car" out of the title. Let's not go down that road. The Viper is one hell of a domestic exotic but it is no supercar. Let's leave that moniker for the real super cars.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^Viper is not a supercar? That's your opinion so give the guy a break lol.

The drawing looks very much the essence of a snake as you modeled it to look like a snakes head. Nice picture but it would not translate well as an actual car. Nice as an illustration, drawing etc but it would be pretty ugly as a real car.

Matt162

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd hate to agree with everyone in this thread but, i do. Dislike

DanielR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Proportions are all goofy and lacks shading/depth. Way too 2D. It's not even symmetrical. It looks like you did everything manually instead of using the software to do the work. That means you probably spent a lot of time on it so I hate to pick on you, but you posted it on the Internet.

OP
OP
C

Crazy1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Dawg - How is a vehicle that holds the Nurburgring record, many other records not just in a straight line, is one of the top accelerating and stopping production cars in the world not a supercar ? Because its American ? They call many other kit type cars Supercars and if the new Viper comes out as expected with 700 hp and Ferrari stability/traction/launch control it will be even more of a supercar and world class! Just because the Viper may not have a Bugatti refined interior which is also supposed to improve some with the new model does not mean its not a supercar in my book (my .02)! This is also coming from a past multiple Viper owner and the past owner of the first Heffner Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo that was built along with a slew of other cars including Ferrari, Maserati, Z06's, etc and the Viper is every bit as capable in my opinion![FONT=Georgia, Tahoma, Verdana, serif]

[/FONT]​

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Dawg - How is a vehicle that holds the Nurburgring record, many other records not just in a straight line, is one of the top accelerating and stopping production cars in the world not a supercar ? Because its American ? They call many other kit type cars Supercars and if the new Viper comes out as expected with 700 hp and Ferrari stability/traction/launch control it will be even more of a supercar and world class! Just because the Viper may not have a Bugatti refined interior which is also supposed to improve some with the new model does not mean its not a supercar in my book (my .02)! This is also coming from a past multiple Viper owner and the past owner of the first Heffner Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo that was built along with a slew of other cars including Ferrari, Maserati, Z06's, etc and the Viper is every bit as capable in my opinion!

I was going to post something like this (with ALOT more mispelled words) but you beat me too it.

There is really not many cars I'd rather over the viper in ANY price bracket.

I'd say a car with the same horse and MORE torque (for under 100k) then a car that costs half of a mill is damn sure a supercar IMO

OP
OP
C

Crazy1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding the drawing - I see for mosts peoples tastes here in this particular forum that I went too far in making it look like a snake head with fangs (you are correct Daniel that was my motivation) and the proportions are not symmetrical as I did "sketch" this out manually over the spy photo and tease image to try and get some of the general proportions in the real car even though the facia, lighting, etc can and probably will be much different in the real car and was totally my interpretation. On the modern Mopar and Drive SRT facebook pages I have only received very positive feedback to this and several other illustrations / paintings I quickly put together. I guess as is quite typical - its a mixed bag and very hard to please everyone's individual tastes in a single design and whatever the final 2013 SRT car looks like it will grow on everyone I am sure. This is just as the original Gen 3 vert had to grow on me when I already owned a Gen 2 ACR and hated it at first but with a little tweaking by the time they released the 06 First Edition and released the coupe again I loved it and bought one right away. In the end, I personally loved how they kept going with even more agressive lines in the last ACR's which are my current all time favorite Viper design even over the Gen 2!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very good point, I HATED the Gen 3 when it was released, now I think its one of the best looking gens out there, and I now own one.

it will grow no matter what

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't like it. And please take "super car" out of the title. Let's not go down that road. The Viper is one hell of a domestic exotic but it is no supercar. Let's leave that moniker for the real super cars.
Super car in every way except price tag. I guess it depends on your definition.

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Judging by all your previous posts here on the forum, you aren't Viper's biggest fans. There are a number of reasons why the Viper IS a supercar. Just because you don't like the fact that it fits in that field, doesn't' mean it doesn't belong.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not "crazy" about the rendition, but I agree, the Viper is and always has been a supercar. Just a more affordable one. It held with the best of Lambo and Ferrari when it first came out and the ACR beats them all today.