NARRA TWS in Sept.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a ways off yet but hoping we might get a good turn out from the club this year. Im signing up soon and trying to get a Grand Am Cup super star driver friend of mine to show up between his pro races races and do his thing in my car !! I got one of those infield RVs locked in that TWS rents next to the garages. Party all night.

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan to be there (unless it conflicts with VOI XII), already pricing roll bar and harnesses :)
Great and hope you can make it Alan. Your best bet is calling Jon at the PartsRack for your bar and harness. He has all these and at good prices plus you can specify the color of harness you want. Tell him I sent you for a discount !! Then get Morgan to install them. He did mine perfectly.

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is a garage queen and my wife never let's me go to the track. Guess I won't make it. :drive:

VOI is not the same weekend but they are crammed back to back.

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NARRA at TWS I believe Sept 21-23 which is the weekend before VOI.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Registered a couple of days ago. Starting to get a little pricy for the amount of track time you get. Didn't give me a VCA discount, and the garages have more then doubled in price also.

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan I can't see anything but smiles in your future. This is about as much fun as one can have with your clothes on!!! I believe if this is your maiden voyage they may let you slide on the roll bar, you can check with Lisa or some of the other NARRA folks and they can let you know. Of course, the harness better allows you to drive the car instead of also having to use the wheel to hold on. You will need a helmet, Snell 05 or better. They can rent you one there if you like. Beth and I will be there.

Richard

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan I can't see anything but smiles in your future. This is about as much fun as one can have with your clothes on!!! I believe if this is your maiden voyage they may let you slide on the roll bar, you can check with Lisa or some of the other NARRA folks and they can let you know. Of course, the harness better allows you to drive the car instead of also having to use the wheel to hold on. You will need a helmet, Snell 05 or better. They can rent you one there if you like. Beth and I will be there.

Richard

Looking forward to seeing you guys out there! I sould make at least 2 of the 3 days :2tu:

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Registered a couple of days ago. Starting to get a little pricy for the amount of track time you get. Didn't give me a VCA discount, and the garages have more then doubled in price also.

I would not label NARRA a bargain for an HPDE. The annual membership just to register for one event a year can cause some molar grinding in comparison to other track organizations as well. That said, it is a well run event. Look forward to seeing everyone!

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I would not label NARRA a bargain for an HPDE. The annual membership just to register for one event a year can cause some molar grinding in comparison to other track organizations as well.

Yep, this is my last year with narra HPDE. Getting much less return on my money now. Maybe our club and Troy (Dixon) could put something together this winter at TWS. I would go for sure if I'm off.

TlyeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a ways off yet but hoping we might get a good turn out from the club this year. Im signing up soon and trying to get a Grand Am Cup super star driver friend of mine to show up between his pro races races and do his thing in my car !! I got one of those infield RVs locked in that TWS rents next to the garages. Party all night.

How were you able to lock in the RV spot in the infield? I may be looking to bring one as well. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How were you able to lock in the RV spot in the infield? I may be looking to bring one as well. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
I rented one of their RVs that are next to the garages, not bringing my own. Call the TWS office from their web site. There is a woman in charge of the RVs for rent. Its around 115.00 a night and fully equipped. Nothing fancy though. Some of the entrants bring their own trailer/sleeper rig and just park on the paved area adjacent to the garages.

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, this is my last year with narra HPDE. Getting much less return on my money now. Maybe our club and Troy (Dixon) could put something together this winter at TWS. I would go for sure if I'm off.

This is something Troy and I have discussed in the past. The best way to lower the overall cost to the club is to 'take over' a HPDE that TWS schedules by having a large showing. Troy and I will be discussing this again while at the NARRA event in September.

The Houston Club track event at MSR-H in November will have a nominal fee to members. We were able to negotiate a good rate for half a day. The costs are astronomical and I know Ivan and Speedy worked hard in the past to drive the cost down and get the biggest bang for the buck for members without a large payout beyond yearly dues.

TlyeACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rented one of their RVs that are next to the garages, not bringing my own. Call the TWS office from their web site. There is a woman in charge of the RVs for rent. Its around 115.00 a night and fully equipped. Nothing fancy though. Some of the entrants bring their own trailer/sleeper rig and just park on the paved area adjacent to the garages.

Thanks for the info, email sent to TWS!

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan, I checked with NARRA and you do not need a roll bar for the HPDE and you must run with the top up.

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its pretty bright with the lid down and it always helps to see where you are going.

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not label NARRA a bargain for an HPDE. The annual membership just to register for one event a year can cause some molar grinding in comparison to other track organizations as well. That said, it is a well run event. Look forward to seeing everyone!
I am thinking about signing up for the NARRA DE this Feb 15-17 at TWS. What is this annual membership fee to which you refer? I agree that the NARRA DE is quite a bit more expensive than a TWS or PCA DE. They have a Discount Code and I am curious if the VCA offers such code? Also, how much track time does one get at this DE? AT TWS or PCA DE we get 4 sessions per day, 20-25 mins/session.

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe for PDE its $25.00 a year. This enables you to register for any of their events for the year in the PDE classification. Check their website to be sure, www.narraonline.com.

Richard

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Richard. Do you know how many sessions per day at the NARRA DE?

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This ought to be a blast now and will be televised on Speed a week later 2/22 I believe on the new series, RU FASTER THAN A RED NECK. NARRA emailed the info. They have a 900 plus HP GTR they will be running with the Whelen Time Trial and most likely in TTU. Hoping the TTU Vipers, Vettes etc. eat their lunch. Their sponsor is SSP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper