exhaust

desert hotrod

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can anyone tell what is the best sys too use i have a 99 gts all stock looking too up grade exhaust i am looking at borla and corsa what is the difference.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Borla is a deeper sounding system with some drone. Corsa is higher pitch with less/no drone. I would use the search feature for other system setups and such.

csmwiese

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HP gains are about the same, you better get one that sounds like you want....what I mean is if it is to loud you will hate it or not loud enough....so on Go to YouTube and listen to some different ones also on Magnaflows website you can hear there exhaust on a Viper, just listen before you buy...online or to other Vipers in person. You will wish you did if you get a system you don't like. It's hard to take other peoples input on this, as some like it a little quieter and some don't mind it RedNeck loud. Please do your research before buying.

Clint
1997 GTS

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have any knowledge of the Borla system. My Belanger/Corsa combination sounds real good, no drone, a little backfire at times. Another GEN II owner, Detlef, has a full Belanger exhaust and it sounds awesome...louder than mine, more like a race car.

highsierrahillbilly

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Borla sounds good and so does the corsa. Corsa is very comfortable when cruisin with wife. Magnaflow is a head buster "drone" but sounds good at WOT. My buddy who runs a magnaflow had to install 2 additional mufflers down stream to tone it down a bit and it still sounds good. Their all good.

High Sierra Hill Billy

Jeremy B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am pleased with my borla with no cats. Nice idle, loud when I want it to be and 6th gear isn't to bad cruising down the hwy.

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran a Borla for a few years, added an H-pipe to reduce drone, then went Corsa, and now I am very happy. The Borla has a more V8 sound at certain rpm's with a decidedly muscle car, low frequency rumble. I miss it sometimes. What I don't miss is the brain-case rattling drone in too many gear cruising ranges, which in the end was the deal breaker. On longer drives, it was punishing. The Corsa has a more defined note that says Viper V10 more clearly to me. Also, the idle staccato is ultra sickness, and tunnels are irresistible to hoo-rah. Listening to some clips is always helpful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper