What is the best exhaust.

desert hotrod

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ihave a 1999 gts all stock what is the best exhaust sys too use i am looking at borla and corsa any ideas thanks

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Desert,

Well, what are you looking for? Do you want to make babies cry whenever you drive by cuz it's so loud? Do you want just a different note? Are you looking to replace headers and such also or no? YouTube has a lot of sound clips. If you find one you like, posting a link to the video here will help us identify which system it could be.

I have a full Belanger system on mine with no cats. It's LOUD and I love it. I also have little to no cabin heat.

This is a link to a full Belanger set up. NOT MY CAR, but maybe someone's here? It sounds great! This one HAS cats so it's not as loud as mine. But, at the :47 mark you can get an idea of how it sounds and gauge if you like the sound/level.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ix3A-1DTOY

Last edited:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the random tech cats and Corsa. Perfect, in my opinion. I liked it even without the high flow cats. Exhaust sound preferences vary greatly though. You really need to try to hear some in person. I'd certainly volunteer to give you a ride if you are in my area.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
headers, no cats, small roe bullett mufflers, x-pipe muffler delete here and no drone. but its really loud, obnoxious loud

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Roe hi-flow cats and muffler delete with small bullet resonators. Sounds nice, pretty loud (I'm told). Mine is on Youtube before and after Roes.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you are looking at a Catback exhaust, would recommend the Corsa over all the rest. No drone and tailored for the car. If you are also looking for headers , I would go with Belangers. The Random Tech Hi-flow cats are most folks choices for cats , but I would probably stay away from no cats , as the noise is only one deterent - can make the car very difficult to resale, and many folks really object to the smell of unburned fuel , which can be quite prevalent to this mod.

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Borla 2 muffler system (they also offer a 4 muffler system) and I absolutely love it and wouldn't change it for another catback system.

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Borla 2 muffler system (they also offer a 4 muffler system) and I absolutely love it and wouldn't change it for another catback system.

I also have the Borla muffler sysytem with Edelbrock Racing headers on my 96 B/W ...I have not heard a louder system yet. Belangers are good but expensive and have a whining honda civic sound on WOT I find. They do however "guarantee you 50 more HP. Never seen one confirmed in person through Dyno,but, they do say it does. Corsa is too deep and muffled. Like a wanna be muscle car sound.

My .02 cents.