What about the REAR of the 2013 Viper??!?

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kept thinking everyone is doing the front including myself and I thought whatabout the rear What would I want to see. I like the GEN II rear and the GEN III/IV so I thought I would incorporate both but change it a little while still retaining the roots of the viper. It has some of the old characteristics with the new but not reinventing the look completely.

Tell me what you think. The wheels are not final so ignore those I just put something there to give you a complete look. This took me 4-5 hrs to draw out but it's not close to being done. Wanted to post it up so you guys can see the progress.

You must be registered for see images attach

Front concept done in collaboration Tonycool and I

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seem to remember people saying the rear was alot flatter than previous generations, and carbon on the bottom..LEDs too

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
on the rear hatch upper glass is a section of the roof in the middle the extends into the glass like an elongated 1/2 circle

Bruce

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rambo, I don't know why but when I looked at your pic of the rear, the first thing I thought about was Hannibal Lector! Don't ask me why, but I did. But, you could be pretty close, who knows. jmo

Speedy G

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have told everyone that the rear of the car looked like an astin marton, this is more what i remember

1HOTV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you Speedy to an extent. From what I can remember at VOI. The concept Viper looked like a cross between a Gen II and a Jaguar XKR . A weak butt for a wing...

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually it was wider and more like a cross between an Aston Martin 77-One rear and a Viper GTS/SRT-10 Coupe. It definitely had a skin over skin look which made it look very wide and was just plain cool. The rear and front end on the VOI111 car were just plain mean and awesome looking as is. The sides, roof and definitely rims, were not so much. However there is hope as the renderings we saw from the SRT designers which were all on the wall in the "black room" showed a number of different variations for the sides, roof, etc. and absolutely nothing was set in stone.

Based upon what they were starting with in this car I am confident it will exceed expectations, as long as it is built. Performance is going to be the key. So will interior, The concept drawings on those were pretty snazzy.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Front concept done in collaboration Tonycool and I

Actually this is more inline with what I had in mind for rear and side view:

Front:

Rear:

Side:

Also it is a factory twin turbo 8.7L V10 1200 hp, with dual disc clutch, traction and stability control with a big off switch, caravaggio interiors that does 0-60 in under 3 seconds and retails for 130,000. :) (what? dreaming costs nothing.

Last edited:

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not bad. More acceptable to me than other renderings I have seen over the previous months. Even if it may be close or not.

Also, I like this, isnt too bad IMO. The black grill/mouth is a big large IMO, but not horrible.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seem to remember people saying the rear was alot flatter than previous generations, and carbon on the bottom..LEDs too

I hope you are wrong. The biggest weakness of the SRT coupe IMO was how tall and flat the rear was. The GTS had dramatic angle changes that made it look very exotic. The SRT seemed to go the vette route by making the largest butt possible. The front of the SRT was fine, it was the rear and the sides that didn't look right and were too flat.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Aston Martin 77-One certainly fits the women on the beach theme, those sure are some purrty hips ;) Those that saw it at VOI XI, was it this curvy?

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While that red render is not accurate, it actually captures pretty well the styling concept of the Gen V we saw in Utah.

My understanding of pricing is that the base car will be priced pretty close to the last Gen, but there will be several options that could raise the price for those that have to get all the goodies.

Think this would be a great solution where you could purchase the base car and choose your options like they do on many of the other higher end cars.

Options could include variable suspension, cruise, wheels, special colors, stripes, adjustable exhaust, high end stereo equipment, navigation, gear ratios, paddle shifters etc.

Think this could make many people very happy.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well vipers ARE hand built.. It would be easy to tier your options in a cost-effective way with the low volumes they work with imo.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Actually it was wider and more like a cross between an Aston Martin 77-One rear and a Viper GTS/SRT-10 Coupe. It definitely had a skin over skin look which made it look very wide and was just plain cool. The rear and front end on the VOI111 car were just plain mean and awesome looking as is. The sides, roof and definitely rims, were not so much. However there is hope as the renderings we saw from the SRT designers which were all on the wall in the "black room" showed a number of different variations for the sides, roof, etc. and absolutely nothing was set in stone.

Based upon what they were starting with in this car I am confident it will exceed expectations, as long as it is built. Performance is going to be the key. So will interior, The concept drawings on those were pretty snazzy. "

^Now that is some good news!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4