Official 2012 Tail of the Dragon Thread

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really! that long. I figured it was only about 43 miles from Gburg to Knox. If so, will be a fun drive anyway! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

K'ville traffic. AM and PM not exactly the best. Lots of traffic lights too. Maybe there's a back way in from G'burg. ??
Check some maps (unless you've already done that)

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone from Va. (or points north) has ideas about driving down to TN for the 'Dragon' gathering... There will probably be two vipers making the trip down from the DC area on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We leave northern VA. on the 30th. We leave Roanoke, Va. on the 31st. PM me if you'd like to try and get together....

Cheers

OP
OP
B

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Campbell Sta. Rd. exit 373? we'll leave on SCHEDULE! there will be a bunch of cars, so, come early for socializing too
Tellico Plains - Northern Approach

Meeting Location : Knoxville (Farragut), TN – 716 N. Campbell
Station Road @ ******* Barrel

LaQuinta and Comfort Suites have nearby locations for lodging

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like it would be best to spend Thursday night at the ******* Barrel exit instead of the lodge in G-Burg?

OP
OP
B

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
****************** N O T I C E **************************

The hotel has already surpassed the number of blocked rooms, but will continue taking reservations until they're booked.

There appears to be more interest expressed in the forums by people who have not registered.

OFFICIAL REGISTRATION SITE: http://3199996.polldaddy.com/s/viper...e-1st-3rd-2012

Use this link to a survey to register your intentions. It's not binding, just a barometer for meal reservations and contact information. You will also get a emailing of the final details packet with the special tips need to make the trip nicer (call-ahead food ordering, driver's spacing rules, etc...)

OP
OP
B

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like it would be best to spend Thursday night at the ******* Barrel exit instead of the lodge in G-Burg?

YES...especially coming from your direction. Several are making earlier drives that morning to the meetup points, but unless you're trailering your car, it would be best to be as close to the AM starting point as you can.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the survey just now up or has it been there a while ?

****************** N O T I C E **************************

The hotel has already surpassed the number of blocked rooms, but will continue taking reservations until they're booked.

There appears to be more interest expressed in the forums by people who have not registered.

OFFICIAL REGISTRATION SITE: http://3199996.polldaddy.com/s/viper...e-1st-3rd-2012

Use this link to a survey to register your intentions. It's not binding, just a barometer for meal reservations and contact information. You will also get a emailing of the final details packet with the special tips need to make the trip nicer (call-ahead food ordering, driver's spacing rules, etc...)

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone from Va. (or points north) has ideas about driving down to TN for the 'Dragon' gathering... There will probably be two vipers making the trip down from the DC area on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We leave northern VA. on the 30th. We leave Roanoke, Va. on the 31st. PM me if you'd like to try and get together....

Cheers

Yes, will be awesome to have more Vipers join. If you've been meaning to drive the BRP, now is a good time.

My reservations are made. Knoxville on the 31st and Galinburg on the 1st and 2nd. Although, I will be staying at the close by Marriott chains so I can use my points.

A

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of us may be meeting up in Gburg on the morning of the 1st and caravan to knoxville to meet up with the others. Anyone interested let me know and we can coordinate. I will be trailering from Louisiana on the 29th to Gburg then unload and have fun!

Last edited:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of us may be meeting up in Gburg on the morning of the 1st and caravan to knoxville to meet up with the others. Anyone interested let me know and we can coordinate. I will be trailering from Louisiana on the 29th to Gburg then unload and have fun!

I will be at teh hotel on Thursday night. We will need to hit the road at 8 AM to hook up with everyone at the ******* Barrel.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn Mike! You're itching to get there aren't you? Driving right past all the Fri morning groups, just to turn around and drive back to meet up? lol

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I will be trailering the car up there and will need to unload and leave the truck in a safe place for the weekend. Here is to hoping for great weather!!!!!

:2tu:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhhh... now it makes sense. You're trailering a car this year so you can keep up with the guys at the front of the pack. ;)
Definitely hoping for good weather. Last year was perfect!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I will be trailering the car up there and will need to unload and leave the truck in a safe place for the weekend. Here is to hoping for great weather!!!!!

:2tu:

Does this car have lots of torque or a pair of hair dryers?????? :D

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be at teh hotel on Thursday night. We will need to hit the road at 8 AM to hook up with everyone at the ******* Barrel.
Great! I'll send you my info to keep in touch. Another member from Florida will also be meeting us to caravan to kville. We will be arriving at the hotel on afternoon of the 29th. Trailering also, hope to find parking:dunno:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this car have lots of torque or a pair of hair dryers?????? :D

Nah, I won't have the B/W RT ready by then. Going to bring my old/faithful "Got torque". Besides I want a rematch with Matt..........:D

Great! I'll send you my info to keep in touch. Another member from Florida will also be meeting us to caravan to kville. We will be arriving at the hotel on afternoon of the 29th. Trailering also, hope to find parking:dunno:

I called the hotel, they said they have plenty of parking for our trucks/trailers. :thumbs2:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, I won't have the B/W RT ready by then. Going to bring my old/faithful "Got torque". Besides I want a rematch with Matt..........:D
QUOTE]

Love the way that car sounds!!

Just about 2 weeks until road trip time!

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the parking! I will be arriving on the 29th. Wonder if they will let me save some space for others, may be able to park all trailers/cars together.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the parking! I will be arriving on the 29th. Wonder if they will let me save some space for others, may be able to park all trailers/cars together.

I would say so. Every place we've ever stayed at for this event has usually been accommodating. Most hotels don't mind 30-50 Vipers in there lots. Draws people in for some reason ? ? :D

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New PS2's mounted today. Bring on the road trip to TN!

Are you SURE they're new? I hear now that if they weren't manufactured w/i last month, they need to be replaced. I'll be glad to take 'em off your hands so you won't have to mess with classifieds. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper