VIPER ROUND UP DETAILS!!!! Spread the word!!!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SPREAD THE WORD!!! 41 folks so far have already RSVP’d to me…have you?

This is a Viper event…so if you have a Viper…you are invited! Even you E from Houston who showed up in his Ferrari back on 2010 (but we all love you E!).

Sorry it took so long folks, but funding was a little bit of an issue this year…but we have had support from ART so far and they have come through to help insure that we will all have a great experience and get to enjoy some of the great things we have had in the past!! J Now with that said, any donations or further help is always appreciated and can still, up till the last minute, help out. ON TO THE FUN!!!!

Here is the agenda…enjoy!

Friday March 30[SUP]th[/SUP] :
***note: there are other hotels in the Domain complex…so don’t feel you have to go with that one. I like to promote flexibility. J
So you drive 30 minutes or 15 hours to get to the Westin (I know it is a few bucks more than the last hotel, but trust me, the location being where it is and the quality…well, you won’t be sorry!!!!) hosting hotel where this is going down…you arrive to a parking lot of Vipers. Check out all the Domain has to offer here! This place is amazing and if you aren’t into driving or doing car stuff…then you can spend all weekend just walking around and experiencing all the Domain has to offer!! At this point, I think, wow, this was already worth it ;) You get there Friday late morning just in time to catch the intimate caravan of snakes (leave at 1:00pm from the Westin parking lot, but if you arrive late, you can take the short 30-45 minute drive over and meet us) to slither through Austin over to American Racing Technology to meet up with Todd the Owner of the shop AND a track prepped ACRX that he runs (lunch will be provided onsite) where we have three events taking place:
  1. Cleaning instruction (inside and outside) of our wonderful cars with a professional detailer that has worked on MANY of our Vipers over the years, this guy will teach you so many cleaning tips and tricks that you yourself can use that your head will spin!
  2. Dyno…that’s right, put your car on the dyno for a quick run to see how you motor is running and to make sure that all 10 cylinders are firing ;) Or throw it on there to hear your own exhaust in a garage environment at wide open throttle ;) Oh, and bring your video camera ;)
  3. Tech/BS session J, see the different generation Vipers on the lift and get a perfect view of the differences between the cars and ask as many questions as you want to learn as much as you want
  4. For the Women in the group (and some men) there will be a jewelry party inside the A/C show room.
  5. Oh…and of course, a bunch of Viper Owners talking and hanging out at a performance shop and telling tall tails of the Viper ownership experiences!
Now, after the route 66 hangout at ART, we head back to the hotel for a quick meet up and then a short walk over to dinner out at the very social Domain selection of eateries and stroll through the terrace and over hanging trees that are lit at night…very nice and bring the cameras for this will be a place to take some pictures (yes, they put on weddings here on a regular basis). At this point, dinner will be pay as you go.

Then, we make the short walk back to the hotel where we will have the tailgating in the bar. J

Saturday March 31[SUP]st[/SUP]:
Yes, hard to believe…yesterday was just the first day and we had all that fun…surely there can’t be more??? Well, there is! Saturday we all get up for the driver’s meeting at 9:30am from Westin parking lot and then we all head out at 10:00am for a day of driving, eating, taking breath taking (garage framing and hanging) pictures and stories! The route will be even better than last year…and yes, that says a lot! For those of you who were here the last couple of years, this year will be even better! Lunch will be at the historic downtown Fredericksburg, Tx…once again, if you want to take a break from cars, there is PLENTY of shopping to do…and unique shopping it is! So bring your shades and get ready to kick back and chill…Central Texas style J After we chill out a bit, then we head out and walk over to the National Museum of the Pacific War, trust me, this is not something to be missed, this place has everything even full history fighter planes inside! Once we have our fill and are ready to do our parade lap through main street and hit the back roads for a trip you folks surely won’t forget…turns, hills, views, and 50+ Vipers in the pictures…ya, how many of you folks have done that before and have a picture to show for it (other than a Round Up J )??? Will you can now J

Our drive back into town will end up at our Dinner spot located right in Austin, so be prepared to stop traffic and fill up the cellular networks with camera phone pictures being taken of our cars on the streets of Austin…yes, folks on the car forums will be a buzz about seeing all of us so be on the lookout that following week on the internet ;) At this point, dinner will be pay as you go…but we promise the location will fantastic as it always has been!

We make the short drive after dinner over to the Domain/hotel where we can expect drinks in the bar and heightened conversation about who was faster than who…and who knows what else J

Sunday April 1[SUP]st[/SUP]:
Yup, last day…can you believe it is already here! Well, this day will be fun! ART has stepped up yet again and negotiated a half day at Harris Hill…a closed road course…so, keep your cameras on hand, because whether you are driving or watching, it will be loads of fun! We will be leaving the hotel early-ish from the Westin parking lot (times will be presented in your packet when you arrive). IF you have never taken your car out on a track before, then this will be a great learning experience…and no…your car won’t get wrecked or beaten up…just a little road dust that you can get off with your California duster (yes I always keep one in the trunk of my car if you need one J ) After this we will say our goodbyes till next time…I promised myself I wouldn’t cry….

So, to recap…a short 3 day weekend FILLED TO THE GILLS with fun, Vipers with NO registration costs, a BUNCH of Vipers from the south western United States. Yes, Barb will most likely be the furthest again from Utah!!!

Maps and further event details will be available when you arrive on Friday J See you then!!!

Costs:
Friday
  • Lunch – Provided Ryan…for now (but don’t expect much :p )
  • Dyno – Provided by ART
  • Dinner – pay as you go
Saturday
  • Lunch - pay as you go
  • Museum - pay as you go
  • Shopping - pay as you go
  • Dinner - pay as you go
Sunday
  • Brunch – provided Ryan…for now (but don’t expect much :p )
  • Track – provided by ART

Vip1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just putting this out to get a number of rooms the Houston group might need to get a great rate at the Westin I believe it will be around $119.00 per night Thanks to Murray

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Troy.

Yes, I was able to get the Westin Domain to offer the Viper Round-Up 2012 a special rate of $119 per night for the Mar 30-Apr 1 weekend. Please PM Kurt (TexasTonka), Ryan (GotOne) or myself and let us know if you want a room. I need to turn in a room count list for the hotel to block off. Once I get the number of rooms turned in, I'll post up the Westin contact info for the special rate.

Thanks and hope to see many of you there!!

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DAMN! I just did my reservation at $202 and that was the best they could do. Non-refundable, so I missed out. If anyone is thinking on going, the above is as good a rate as you're going to find.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call tomorrow and talk to Divya Saighal, Senior Sales Manager for the Domain. This is the person I am working with on the special rate. Number is 512-687-6637. Maybe you can get moved over the the special rate?

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has been brought to my attention that the "round up" is not a sanctioned VCA event for 2012. I will still be assisting in securing the host hotel for the gathering of certain Dodge branded vehicles.

Thanks and looking forward to parking my Dodge in a parking lot and discussing what kind of wax we all like to use. See you March 30th!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reposting in compliance with our VCA stipulations…
Just so folks are clear... :) Like the first Texas Viper Round Up I put on back in the day, this will not be a stricly VCA event. This is an event that anyone with a Viper can attend...and also vendors/sponsors of our fine Dodge Vipers can attend as well so that folks can meet one another from around Texas or simply touch base with old friends, learn about the VCA, learn about the different car models, modifications and talk to experts on how to keep their cars running great on and off the track etc. The VCA is, as always, invited and deeply encouraged to come given their role in helping this spectacular vechicle stay alive and well!

See you all soon!!!

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reposting in compliance with our VCA stipulations…
Just so folks are clear... :) Like the first Texas Viper Round Up I put on back in the day, this will not be a stricly VCA event. This is an event that anyone with a Viper can attend...and also vendors/sponsors of our fine Dodge Vipers can attend as well so that folks can meet one another from around Texas or simply touch base with old friends, learn about the VCA, learn about the different car models, modifications and talk to experts on how to keep their cars running great on and off the track etc. The VCA is, as always, invited and deeply encouraged to come given their role in helping this spectacular vechicle stay alive and well!

See you all soon!!!

Thank you Ryan, Unfortunatly due to stipulations the local regions must follow we can not fund this event so it is not an 'official VCA event'. It is not an event put on by any club affiliation other than some viper owners. it is pay as you go and free admission for all (outside of the cost of a Viper ).

I have been to every Round Up for the past 4 years and even helped plan portions of a few of them. I plan to be at this one as well and look forward to getting out as a big group and having some fun.

There have been a few speed bumps on the road to the 2012 Round Up but we have worked them out and the road looks smooth ahead. I hope to see all of you in March!

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh yeah...FRiday might rain...but we can have a car washing scramble near by and get all the cars washed within an hour :)

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's why I'll be stocked with Meguiars lineup in my trunk :)

you got that right...I"ll be going to pick up a BUNCH of brand new microfiber towels for folks to use with some of the donated money so everyone can have a clean car on Saturday. But folks are on their own for tire shine! :p

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan:

Sent you a PM but for the others which direction are we running Harris Hill, CW or CCW? Thanks!

Richard

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sport Cups, NT05r's, Mickey Thompsons.....oh my.....

Looking promising according to our government...
forecast.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper